Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer electrical wire removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sfrenck
How do the black/blue and white/green wires get separated from the speedometer for removal? There aren't any spade connectors like the brown ground wire - don't want to randomly tug on the wires. Tried searching - didn't find anything other than "mark the wires before removing them"

-Thanks

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
I think those should be light bulb plugs so you should be able to just pull them out!
underthetire

agree.gif
But be careful, after 40 years the bulb sockets don't always want to come out very easy. You can pry them up a little with a small screwdriver between the gauge back and the bulb socket.
sfrenck
Bulbs out - check (thanks again). Next questions before I pull the speedometer apart:

-When messing with the trip odometer reset, I noticed that it also advances the regular odometer? When I get the trip odometer back to 000, the regular odometer advances 1 mile...

-If this is "normal", could there still be a gear problem between the speedometer cable and the odometer (plan on fixing via the Pelican Parts method)?

UPDATE: Guess it's not normal. Gear fixed per the Pelican Article and now everything is kosher (took about 2 hrs)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.