Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT lid build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I have researched the GT lid builds and found Eric Shea's build http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=6167&st=0 and Sergio's product available at http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=5620&st=0

I have a couple of extra lids and was going to build one myself. Does it appear better to have the section of the grill that faces towards the front of the car flat, like
Sergio's or take the extra time to leave it bent and fit it the way Eric does?

There was been alot of positive comments regarding Sergio's lids and I was wondering if anyone has a close up of the new grill where it attaches to the front of the lid.

Here's a shot of a template I made to simulate the new grill. I have drawn the outline of the cut out.

In the second pic you will notice the bend that would simulate the new grill laying on the lid, this is the section I need to decide whether to flatten or leave bent.

Any opinions and/or other pics?

-- Rob

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
roadster fan
Do it like Eric's and you wont be disappointed. There is no wrong way to make them, even the real GT's had different versions since they were all hand made.

There are tons of variations done by members here, this is how I did mine:

roadster fan GT lid

hope this helps,

Jim
watsonrx13
Thanks Jim, very nicely done... aktion035.gif

-- Rob

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Mar 12 2011, 02:19 PM) *

Do it like Eric's and you wont be disappointed. There is no wrong way to make them, even the real GT's had different versions since they were all hand made.

There are tons of variations done by members here, this is how I did mine:

roadster fan GT lid

hope this helps,

Jim

markb
Check out how Mark Blanton (computers4kids) did his. I think he has a build thread.
watsonrx13
Does anyone have a close up of Sergio's GT lid showing the new grill facing the firewal?

-- Rob
brp986s
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Mar 13 2011, 08:56 AM) *

Does anyone have a close up of Sergio's GT lid showing the new grill facing the firewal?

-- Rob

I have one, and coincidentally finally got around to putting on the letters today. I just tried to take a pic, but batteries dead - charging now. I had it powder coated satin and got new letters from pelican. I was curious how $1400/oz gold would affect things. Lo and behold, gold ain't gold no mo'. I got fooled.
brp986s
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Mar 13 2011, 08:56 AM) *

-- Rob

From above? Below? Not sure what you mean. How's this:

Click to view attachment

brp986s
Or this:

Click to view attachment

watsonrx13
brp968 thanks for the pics, that's exactly what I was looking for... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
watsonrx13
I finished my GT engine lid. Thanks to everyone for the previous postings.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
Eric_Shea
Good job Rob.
stewteral
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Mar 26 2011, 04:12 PM) *

I finished my GT engine lid. Thanks to everyone for the previous postings.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob

Rob:

WOW, Greatly IMPROVE Rice!! smile.gif

Terry
computers4kids
nice work...don't forget to slot the hinges for easy on and off. smile.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 26 2011, 07:37 PM) *

nice work...don't forget to slot the hinges for easy on and off. smile.gif

Yep, already done. You can see the hinge closest to the camera in the second shot.

-- Rob
roadster fan
Nice job, it looks like it came out really nice!

Jim
6freak
dont like the paint on the Mazda? why would you set that on the Mazda like that ..just wondering ....P.S nice work i wanna make one for myself as well
flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.