Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa pad, what screws hold it on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I've removed everything from my targa, except the front pad that fits up against the seal. I can't find the screws in the hole, there's too much "stuffing" and prodding around can't get the screwdriver in the head of the screw.

What type of screws are holding it on? Hex, flat, regular?
mepstein
QUOTE(patssle @ Mar 12 2011, 02:53 PM) *

I've removed everything from my targa, except the front pad that fits up against the seal. I can't find the screws in the hole, there's too much "stuffing" and prodding around can't get the screwdriver in the head of the screw.

What type of screws are holding it on? Hex, flat, regular?

Small phillips. Just like the other pads and trim.
montoya 73 2.0
I had the same problem when I was removing mine. I couldn't find the screw head so after a few days of fish around, I just ripped the damn stuffing and material off! Then I could see the small phillips head had been mounted at an angle. Good luck!
patssle
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 12 2011, 03:25 PM) *

I had the same problem when I was removing mine. I couldn't find the screw head so after a few days of fish around, I just ripped the damn stuffing and material off! Then I could see the small phillips head had been mounted at an angle. Good luck!

I've thought about it, especially since it's a bit torn underneath at one spot.

Is the pad really necessary? I know it pushes up against the seal, but I'm not worried about water, this car doesn't see the rain. Or does it help hold the seal on?
montoya 73 2.0
I never put another back on for that same reason. I kind of like it without!
AZ914
I just went through this. If you can pluck out some of the 'stuffing' with some small needle-nose pliers then just sting your screwdriver in until it seats. It was a pain, don't forget the vertical screws underneath the pad.

My pad was so beat up that I ended up going without. I ran perlon on the inside bottom of the targa bar and used some edging on the front. It came out pretty good! The only drawback is not the latches are exposed so you need to be sure they seat properly when using them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.