Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a small stamp made like a number punch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I need a very small punch made for stamping copper sheet. Letters need to be about 3mm in height. The punch needs to be male. Anyone here on world able to do this or have a source for something like this?
76-914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 13 2011, 03:50 PM) *

I need a very small punch made for stamping copper sheet. Letters need to be about 3mm in height. The punch needs to be male. Anyone here on world able to do this or have a source for something like this?

Hey Rick, I've got some that are about 3.17 mm. Your not from the Treasury Dept. are you? happy11.gif
Dr Evil
I use a 1/4" set from HF for my stamping needs.
ConeDodger
rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
Thanks guys but I want a custom logo engraved male stamp. Someone with a cnc that can cut tool steel. BTW: This is 914 related
John
Too bad all the old typesetting equipment is long gone. That could have provided you with the "stamp" pretty easily. Granted, it would not hold up, but would provide you with a pattern.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(John @ Mar 13 2011, 10:57 PM) *

Too bad all the old typesetting equipment is long gone. That could have provided you with the "stamp" pretty easily. Granted, it would not hold up, but would provide you with a pattern.

That's an interesting idea but I want a logo not just letters.
r_towle
I forget the name of the guy, but he makes metal 914 badges in wyoming....he has a little cnc setup and talent.

rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 13 2011, 11:08 PM) *

I forget the name of the guy, but he makes metal 914 badges in wyoming....he has a little cnc setup and talent.

rich

Ya, Jim, but he just moved and is trying to get set up in his new garage and catch up on his back log of RC car wheels and 914 scripts. So far he is working in Aluminum I'll have to ask him if he can work in steel.
r_towle
meuller
John
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 13 2011, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(John @ Mar 13 2011, 10:57 PM) *

That's an interesting idea but I want a logo not just letters.

The old equipment could do type and logo items as well as movable type.

There is still some out there,but for the most part all that equipment has been discarded.

I think you are on the right track with looking CNC.

sixnotfour
http://www.steelhandstamps.com/Hand_Stamps.html

Smitty911
I have a small CNC mill, but Tool Steel? Doesn't that need to be ground.

The other thing is what dimensions? I have a working envolope of 4" X 9".

Have you thought about Wire EDM or LASER?

Smitty
rick 918-S
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 14 2011, 12:02 AM) *

Ding DING DING! pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.