Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are the best ball bearing seat sliders with tilt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Corkus
IPB Image

I am inspired by the above photo and this very cool seat slider thread by Paul S (PRS914-6). Thanks Paul S.

My car is undergoing a lot of fabrication right now so departing from stock isn't a problem.

Here are some questions.

What sliders should I start with to get stock 914 seat pans to slide on ball bearings and tilt well? I could not quite figure out what sliders Paul S used (1984 911 sliders???) in the photo above and don't know if what he used would be best for my project.

What are the better ball bearing sliders (with tilt) to use?

1974-1983 911 Sliders?
1984-? 911 Sliders?
Some other sliders?

Thanks all.
McMark
I can't help with the ball bearings, because I haven't run across a seat that came stock with ball bearings. Have you tried PMing Paul directly?

agree.gif Stock seat rails slide very smoothly when cleaned, lubed and adjusted correctly. The brackets on the bottom of the stock seat have slight adjustments in them, and tweaking with those can really smooth things out.
Chris Pincetich
Hey McMark - have you ever powdercoated a sea mount? Mine are off now are really need a good rustoration. beerchug.gif

If other good alternatives pop up on this thread, I am all ears. However, except for a small amount of rattle/movement I am very pleased w the stock 914 sea mounts.
McMark
You can powdercoat them, but you can't get any on the sliding rails. P.C. is way too thick and your rails will be unusable. The best way is to diassemble them completely, replate the zinc portions and carefully PC the rest. But that gets to be $ for something no one will ever see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.