Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Here are a few pics from Amelia Island Concours 2011 I attended yesterday. I visited with my good friend who works for Bruce Canepa out in Scotts Valley, CA. I will show you some pics of their winning entry...but first... This is an Alfa reportedly valued at $10 Million!
bcheney
Canepa 34 ford hot rod...ran at the Salt Flats back in the 50's at a speed of 173mph! My buddy Adam on the left..I'm on the right.
bcheney
Dino record setting Cannonball run car

bcheney
Famous Indy cars and the two judges...guess who they are...

bcheney
The grounds...A fantastic Florida day...the weather could not have been better...low 70's and big blue skies

bcheney
The Popemobile...the car served several Pope's...he would sit in a throne in the back

bcheney
A BMW motorcylce that had style!! More pics to come later...
bcheney
This one blew me away...the Mormon Meteor...

carr914
QUOTE(bcheney @ Mar 14 2011, 08:01 AM) *

Famous Indy cars and the two judges...guess who they are...

Too Easy, so I'll just post intials - SP & DG
bcheney
Correct smile.gif
bcheney
The car used for the Beach Boys album cover

bcheney
Can you say HP!!
bcheney
Rahal cars tribute area
Rod
Lovely pics thanks for those! I WISH the sun would start shining over here sad.gif sad.gif
maf914
Thanks for the photos!

I love those old IMSA March GTP cars. I remember seeing Al Holbert's winning March-Porsche which became the Daytona winning Kreepy-Krauly car. And the Red Lobster March, great paint scheme. The diffusers on those cars were gigantic. But then along came the 962's and the Marches were pushed to the back of the pack.

I made it to the Amelia Island concours a few years ago and saw Jim Hall's Chaparrals wub.gif and the Grand Sport Corvettes. That particular weekend was a rain-out and all of the events and displays were pushed into the ball-room, tents and the parking garage.
Ferg
Great Pics smile.gif
srohling
more more more!!!! thanks!

Scott
srohling
more more more!!!! thanks!

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.