Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT F oil cooler ducts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
I'm working on a GT this week and I noticed that the oil cooler ducts are interesting. A common modification, so here's what a (this one anyway) real one looks like.
Eric_Shea
News ta me...
SirAndy
There's a 100 ways to build a GT ... biggrin.gif

That looks like the turquoise one with the huge whale tail ... idea.gif
9146racing
doesn't look "right"
sixnotfour
If thats 1258 it is a factory GT , but the front trunk section may have been replaced with a later piece as seen in pictures on Stazak's GT list page.
http://www.stazak.com/914/gt/car/9140431258/1258l.jpg
here is a thread about it;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...p;hl=factory+gt

"Sold 24/07/70 (July 24th 1970) by the Germen dealer MAHAG where it was service through 1971. It was imported to the USA in 1972 and was at the Wester Porsche/ Audi Dealership in Monterey Ca.
Dr. Marvin Taves of Reno Nv. owned and raced the car until it showed up for sale on consignment at Beverly Hills Porsche in 1977.
Ron & Barbara Webb purchased it at that time and successfully time triled and auto crossed it with PCA & POC for many years until retiring to Richfield Utah in 1992. Upon Ronís death in 98 it was stored until I aquired it November 2002.
The headlight treatment is thought to have been done by the German stylist Glocker. A similar work, with picture, is attributed to him in the book ìDas Grosse VW-Porsche Buchî.
If anyone has any additional information Please contact me. Greg Fullmer"
sww914
That's the car, it's not a mystery.
The whale tail is off of it now.

The first time I met the owner I was his instructor at a CDS event at Buttonwillow. I thought it was a clone, a reasonable assumption because nobody would take a GT to the track anymore, right?
So yeah, I drove the piss out of it with the owner in the R. seat. He was't nervous as far as I could tell. I didn't find out until the next day that it was a special car.
moparrob
I'm going to piut in two rows of these in my front trunk to vent out the heated air from the cooler:

IPB Image
brant
QUOTE(moparrob @ Mar 14 2011, 11:10 PM) *

I'm going to piut in two rows of these in my front trunk to vent out the heated air from the cooler:

IPB Image

A cooler outlet needs to be bigger than the input
I've ran a front mounted cooler with a restrictive output
it won't cool as well as it should....

(or... I dropped a ton of oil temperature when I removed the exit restriction.. same cooler, same motor, same car)
Eric_Shea
agree.gif Air expands when heated.

I'd just go with the factory hole. Here's mine in the metal work stage:
IPB Image
twash
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 14 2011, 05:49 PM) *

I'm working on a GT this week and I noticed that the oil cooler ducts are interesting. A common modification, so here's what a (this one anyway) real one looks like.

we run a factory race gt 2.5 ltr on the street, cars has only a 906 cooler, engine runs a gernade filter, temp stays in the 90c range all the time, recommend the factory opening ,it works
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.