Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breather tank - additional line?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All –
I just got a great deal on a 1969 911 windshield washer bottle to recreate the GT breather tank for my -6 conversion. I am pretty thrilled, as I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do about this part of the conversion. Per the pics below, does anyone know where the clear tube goes? Does it vent through the fender well? I looked all over Armando’s GT page and cant find a picture of where it routs.

Thanks! beer.gif
Scott S

SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 15 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Breather tank - additional line

A "breather" tank needs to be open to the environment somewhere to be able to breath ...

If you are planning on storing stuff in your trunk every once in a while, i wouldn't let the tank breath into the trunk.
Route it somewhere under the car, preferably NOT in the fender well as oil on your tires might not be that much of a good thing ...
shades.gif

In my case, i used a old Gatorate bottle with a couple of holes punched into it, tucked away under the air intake in the engine compartment.
That way i can collect the liquid oil in the bottle and any fumes get sucked into the engine.

So far, so good ... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.