Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The official "Where the heck has bondo been?" thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
As some of you may remember... Back in the summer of '07 (gosh, has it really been that long?) I paused my LT1 V8 914 project and packed it up in a POD in anticipation of moving down south to Vista, CA.

Long story short, the house didn't sell, (bad timing!) we decided to stay, and I moved the project back into the garage. One of the reasons we were planning the move was to improve the income to cost of living ratio. Since we haven't moved, that didn't happen, and the project is still on hold. Any opportunity I may have had to work on it has been taken up by troubles with the rest of the fleet. I don't think I'll be making much progress on the LT1 V8 914 until the rest of the cars are up and running.

The WRX burned an exhaust valve (could have been prevented with an adjustment, I didn't know they were adjustable, or needed it) so the engine is out and apart. (it's about half done) Because the WRX was out of commission and we needed transportation, I jumped on a craigslist deal of a 1994 Buick LeSabre for $100. (front suspension was bent, I bent it back) Shortly after that, the 914/4 developed a rod knock. Fortunately I got another 914 engine from markb that I just installed but have not hooked up yet. Once it's together I get to see if I can make d-jet work with carb cams. smile.gif Now the Buick needs a new wheel bearing and CV joint. Busy busy busy!

So that's what I've been up to. I'm still around, I've just had too much on my plate to be "social". I haven't even logged on to facebook in months.

Oh, one more thing. Julie and I had our first baby on January 23rd 2011, and her name is Elenor Shelby Chow!
balljoint
Prison? I guess prison.

Congratulations on the baby! Oh and good call having a car club vote for her name, we like that around here! smile.gif
RJMII
congrats on the little girl. smile.gif

That'll give you something to smile at when you come in from working on broken rides.
markb
Welcome back. piratenanner.gif

Now get my car running!!!!!!!! poke.gif

biggrin.gif
sww914
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png biggrin.gif
bondo
Thanks guys! Which should we start first, a college fund or a 914 fund? smile.gif
sww914
The grandparents will help pay for college but they won't help pay for 914 parts.
Gint
Grats man! Let's see a picture fer cryin out loud.
tdgray
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 16 2011, 06:50 PM) *

Grats man! Let's see a picture fer cryin out loud.

Yea yea... what he said.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
bondo
Due to popular demand, here's a pic!

Click to view attachment

Just kidding, here's the real pic! smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Now I just need to take some pics with some 914 content!
rick 918-S
Best days to come man! Grats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.