Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do 911 SC rear hubs fit our rear bearings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TorqueJunkie
Wondering if the SC rear hubs fit the rear 914/4 bearing/trailing arm? Trying to convert my axles to 100mm using SC stub axles, but need the matching rear hub to slide into? Anyone know?
underthetire
I don't know, but you could look up bearing part numbers on pelican and see if they are the same between cars.
TorqueJunkie
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 15 2011, 08:44 PM) *

I don't know, but you could look up bearing part numbers on pelican and see if they are the same between cars.

Part number is different, but that is not uncommon. Wondering what the difference is. Guess I might have to pull my hubs and measure them? Or see if anyone has the dimensions off one out of the car...????
SLITS
They will fit but you have to add a spacer, about 5 mm as I remember to get the calipers to center over the rotor correctly. Talk to Eric Shea about it.
dion9146
IIRC, they also need to be machined to reduce the diameter. I have a set on my car with M calipers in the rear. Sorry, not sure about the bearings.
jaxdream
The SC stub axles will not fit the 914 wheel hub as they are different splines . The SC wheel hub will fit the 914 trailing arm and bearing , but you have to get two 5mm spacer rings , Patrick Motosports sell them , slide the spacer onto the wheel hub then mount the hub as you would a 914 or early 911 steel arm hub . The SC hub will not stick out any further than the 914 or early 911 .to use M calipers on the rear you can mount a 5mm spacer under the rotor ( vented ) or put 5mm spacer washers under the ears of the M caliper before bolting it up to the trailing arm . The 5mm spacer to the rotor or thr caliper is to center the caliper over the rotor because the mounting ears on the 914 trailing arm is 5mm closer to the rotor surface ( vented ) than the mounting surface on the 911 arm that's why you need the spacer under the rotor or the caliper. If you were to use the early 911 wheel hub it would fit the 8914 arm / bearing with out the need of the spacer on the wheel hub , but if you use the M caliper on the rear then you have to either space the rotor or the caliper because of the mounting ears on the 914 arm's location. Good luck.

Jack / Jaxdream
TorqueJunkie
Good to know that it will fit the bearings. I already have the 85 Carrera rear calipers installed with the spacer and vented 85 disks. I also have the SC stub axle which has the proper 100mm 6 bolt pattern i want. If the hubs fit in the bearings then it is perfect. Have a friend bringing me 911 hubs to compare the SC stub axles to and see if the have same spines as well.
jaxdream
QUOTE(TorqueJunkie @ Mar 16 2011, 07:10 PM) *

Good to know that it will fit the bearings. I already have the 85 Carrera rear calipers installed with the spacer and vented 85 disks. I also have the SC stub axle which has the proper 100mm 6 bolt pattern i want. If the hubs fit in the bearings then it is perfect. Have a friend bringing me 911 hubs to compare the SC stub axles to and see if the have same spines as well.

They do have the same splines, I had both early and SC hubs to do the comparison, I went with the SC for the hub centric aspect . They pulled in with no problem.Be sure to get the spacers , they were around $25.00 from PatrickMS.
Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.