Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too damn loud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Razorbobsr
Morning 914 gents, I have an exhaust sys of the type that has short stacks off the head.......... then the headers, with some kind of loud ass cheary bomb muffler[LOUD!!] Whats out there that sound good????? Preforms well, easy to install, cost effective. Bob PS, look cool too!
Woody
I bought a Kerry Hunter setup with a flowmaster from a member here. Sounds surprisingly good and not to loud.
silver74insocal
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif smile.gif stock muffler. what size engine? your description doesnt sound familiar. you may be able to place a WTT add and see if someone wants to trade
good luck beerchug.gif Dave
VaccaRabite
If you have stub pipes, then you probably have a Eurorace. Same system I have, and it is loud. I bought a bigger muffler to weld on to mine.

That said, I bet you are hearing your carbs more then you are hearing your muffler. They are also loud, and right behind your head.

Zach
DanT
agree.gif induction noise with carbs and K&N filters is as loud or louder than your exhaust.
Drums66
..Just find the stock Muff?idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(esses62 @ Mar 16 2011, 07:20 AM) *

TRIAD just the right amount of loud with your right foot controling the sound

agree.gif

I think it's a great sound on my otherwise stock 2.0 and doesn't drone at cruise unlike many of the other aftermarket systems I've experienced.
campbellcj
Assuming you have carbs then that's definitely the source of much of the sound. I had a big-four with Eurorace headers for a while and used a dynomax or flowmaster muffler setup with it; very free flowing and not tremendously LOUD (but still much louder than a stock 2.0 w/ banana muffler). Again the Weber 44's added greatly to the sound.

Of course now it's at a whole 'nother level - Weber 46 triples on a six with open megaphones...
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Mar 16 2011, 11:20 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif smile.gif stock muffler. what size engine? your description doesnt sound familiar. you may be able to place a WTT add and see if someone wants to trade
good luck beerchug.gif Dave

WWT??? Bob
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 16 2011, 11:35 AM) *

If you have stub pipes, then you probably have a Eurorace. Same system I have, and it is loud. I bought a bigger muffler to weld on to mine.

That said, I bet you are hearing your carbs more then you are hearing your muffler. They are also loud, and right behind your head.

Zach
Could be......... I thought it was the wife! AA has no muffler for this header, going to have to look into some muffle shops local. Bob
VaccaRabite
I bought an 80s F-body OEM style muffler, designed to quiet a V8. Its not on yet, I am not sure that it is worth doing until I get the induction noise under control.

Zach
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Mar 17 2011, 04:28 AM) *

WWT??? Bob

WTT. Want To Trade.

--DD
r_towle
Get a "hush thrush" muffler at autozone.
You can get one that fits, its a oval muffler.
Get a turned downpipe for the end that points it at the ground.

Those two and either clamps or a welded on flange will get you alot quieter, and should be under 50 bucks.

Rich
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 17 2011, 10:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Mar 17 2011, 04:28 AM) *

WWT??? Bob

WTT. Want To Trade.

--DD
What you have in mind?? Sorry for the delay, been busy! Bob
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 17 2011, 09:33 AM) *

I bought an 80s F-body OEM style muffler, designed to quiet a V8. Its not on yet, I am not sure that it is worth doing until I get the induction noise under control.

Zach
' Induction Noise' Know what it is but can you explain what your running into? Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.