Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI SoCal 914ers - Orange Classics Auto Show 4/17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
FYI SoCal 914ers - & Phil Steck if he's still visiting from OZ - biggrin.gif
.... I recall several locals on here mentioning it in the past. Past years have had 1-4 914s & some 911s, 912s, 930s, 356s, & "new Porsches" on display (but not 2010 due to PCA CW conflict).

The annual Old Orange Classics Auto Show will be on Sunday 4/17/11 from 8 am - 11:pm, but the cars are judged & over about 3-4 pm & most leave then, but other "festivities" continue.

It's held in the Plaza (Traffic Circle) area of "downtown" Old Towne Orange CA, where they close off the 1 block N, S, E & W & the Circle for the cars & vendors for the day (streets closed Fri - Mon). It's free to walk & look, food & goodies cost of course, parking is free on streets & in city lots but you're better off parking some blocks away & walking in a bit to avoid traffic & hard to find spots. I'm up by Orange HS about 7 blocks N & 3 E (+/- 10 block walk), if anyone wants to park up here & meet/walk to the fun, just PM me beforehand.

It's about $35 IIRC to enter a car (goes to charity), & all sports cars are in one mixed class, but last year it was the same weekend as a PCA CW event, so fewer Porsches were there (couple of 356s - one of which one in class). It's maybe 50% rods & custom cars of American Iron, but still lotsa great rods, bikes, restored old trucks/buses, vintage classics, old VWs & sports cars, and the occasional Amphicar for interest! shades.gif

More info here: http://orangesunriserotary.org/orangeplazacarshow.html

I'm not a member, just a local old fart who enjoys gawking! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
PS - it would be nice to see some local Teeners enter their fine 914 rides here this year, as this is NOT the PCA type of CW originality event, but more of a classic hometown car show judged on who has the coolest in the class. shades.gif

So my buddy's mostly original Bahia Red 71 914/4, John's Orangina 73 914-2.0/"914S", SoCal Andy's 72 yellow or Elliot's Screaming Yellow Zonker (if he drove it down), etc. would all compete together equally regardless of mods, & against any other Jag, MG, Austin-Healy, Triumph, etc. makes of sports cars.

How about a 914 first.gif this time!? confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
I see you reading Phil, PM me if you'll be here then!

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
phillstek
Phil Steck if he's still visiting from OZ -

Tom, I'm still coming over, just waiting for a couple of things to fall into place but it looks more like 13-14th of April before I can get there. I am really looking forward to coming over and meeting some of you members.

Hopefully, I'll see you there.

Phil
Tom_T
QUOTE(phillstek @ Mar 16 2011, 02:24 PM) *

Phil Steck if he's still visiting from OZ -

Tom, I'm still coming over, just waiting for a couple of things to fall into place but it looks more like 13-14th of April before I can get there. I am really looking forward to coming over and meeting some of you members.

Hopefully, I'll see you there.

Phil

Just sent you a PM with my contact info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.