Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did I get these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Got these several years ago from a member here.

They are so brilliant, as to hurt the eyes.

As I recall, these were redone originals by a Canadian company.

The one in view is etched with "6267" on the back. The other one is in a sealed bag.

Need to know the origin so I can inventory them.

Apologize to the seller, but I'm getting older & have some light memory problems.
Pat
Krieger
My eyes must be going, but those things are really small Pat. I hope you didn't overpay...in fact they may be worthless.
silver74insocal
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 16 2011, 05:54 PM) *

My eyes must be going, but those things are really small Pat. I hope you didn't overpay...in fact they may be worthless.

agree.gif not even visible
Cap'n Krusty
As soon as I can find my glasses (no mean feat without my glasses), I'll be happy to take a look at them ...............

The Cap'n
tod914
They must be in clear bags.. would explain why they aren't visable.
ConeDodger
Oh, those are imaginary replated headlight oilers... Keep them!
JRust
I see a little pig laughing at me. How does he know I can't see them either Pat wacko.gif
MDG
Holy CRAP!!!

Pat, you've found a NOS early rain tray!!!

WOOOOO-HOOOOOoooooo!!
sww914
Are they 914-12's?
championgt1
Those are damn nice!
914-300Hemi
Wow those must be too nice to see.
Eric_Shea
I sent them to you... They are "dual" rear fog lights. Part of the Norweigan package on your COA. Once the fog clears they should become visable.
Tom_T
That's known as the PIG eye blink.gif test! lol-2.gif
jaxdream
You should send them back ( to who ever ) as there isn't enough numbers in the description , can't be genuine Porsche parts. icon_bump.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
underthetire
Pat, I hate to be the one to tell you, your light memory problems have become moderate memory problems. You forgot the most important part of your post.
IronHillRestorations
They are too special to inventory, that's why!

Posting pictures would cause you to have a mob of angry 914'ers beating down your doors to get at those special parts.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 17 2011, 08:13 AM) *

Pat, I hate to be the one to tell you, your light memory problems have become moderate memory problems. You forgot the most important part of your post.

Just in case you don't know what that is, it's thanking everyone in advance for the help ..........................

The Cap'n
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 16 2011, 09:05 PM) *

As soon as I can find my glasses (no mean feat without my glasses), I'll be happy to take a look at them ...............

The Cap'n

Just starting to have this exact issue.
And, my memory is getting worse...so I cant remember where I put them.
I have four or five sets now...even the old sets help me find the new set...lol

rich
brant
Pat,

would you sell those to me?
they would make my race car lighter and I'm always looking to save a few pounds...
7TPorsh
...been looking for those and still can't find them...
914Sixer
I haven't seen any of those in years!!
ripper911
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 16 2011, 09:21 PM) *

Oh, those are imaginary replated headlight oilers... Keep them!

Headlight oilers? Somebody put mine on the heat exchangers...
JeffBowlsby
Pat,

These are truly an exceptional discovery, prolly a here-to-fore unknown prototype...rarest of the rare, I cannot believe my eyes.

I just may devote a tribute page to them on my website.

Maybe you are telling us that the best things in life will always be unseen...? lol-2.gif
whatabout1
The pair I have aren't showing any aging at all !!!!

But I have lost the clear bags they came in.
SirAndy
You guys are brutal ... biggrin.gif
markb
Somebody's gotta do it, might as well be me

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(whatabout1 @ Mar 17 2011, 01:36 PM) *

The pair I have aren't showing any aging at all !!!!

But I have lost the clear bags they came in.

They would have been worth far more if they were in the unopened and pristine original packaging. Too bad they're not the most desirable color.

The Cap'n
Pat Garvey
Click to view attachment

OK, Ok - not the first time I've screwed up. Happy to see you guys having fun though.

This is the pic I forgot.

Jeez!
Socalandy
you can still get these new from PP. I got some for the -6 recently
markb
You can still get these new from the Dealer
MDG
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 16 2009, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 16 2009, 07:38 AM) *

Never used them but this place out in B.C. does it; C.V. Vacuum Platers Inc.
I'm pretty sure they have a website if you want to check them out.

m.

That's the place!

They did some foglight grills for a member of this forum & they are totally, totally awesome. I'm fortunate to have 2 of them. The work is premier. Wonder if it can transfer to backpad lights. Also wonder if it is cost efficient. Those foglight grills were really expensive.
Pat

Here you go, Pat. Strangely enough, from a posting you and I exchanged two years ago yesterday. Guess my memory is a little better. biggrin.gif
76-914
Not to highjack your thread Pat but I started cleaning one yesterday and did this in an hour while watching TV. They really clean up well.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
Update: They're out of business. This is who they are refering their customers to, http://www.instrument-specialties.com/contact/
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 17 2011, 04:55 PM) *

you can still get these new from PP. I got some for the -6 recently

No you can't! You can get new, but just try to match the brilliance to mine. The new ones from the Factory aren't even close to the brilliance of the originals - I have 2 sets & they suck compared to these. The new ones are cloudy & have a blue cast to them. If I hadn't stumbled on these I would have been OK with the Factory parts. But, these far surpass those.
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 17 2011, 05:36 PM) *

Not to highjack your thread Pat but I started cleaning one yesterday and did this in an hour while watching TV. They really clean up well.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Yeah, I did that too - while watching TV. My originals cleaned up really well (Simichrome), but won't past muster for a concours presentation (pitting). Bought some new ones, after getting these from MDG, but the brilliance wasn't there like the originals.

I know that the Factory supplier has had to change the method of manufacture of these parts because extremely hazardous chemicals were involved in manufacture. Too bad, because the new ones available just don't cut it compared to the originals. OK, but not excellent.

BTW - all the work you've put into yours will oxidize again within 6 months, unless you seal them in plastic bags. Ask me how I know.
Pat
MDG
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 17 2011, 08:06 PM) *

after getting these from MDG, but the brilliance wasn't there like the originals.

No - not from me.

That was from an old thread about the chrome ring around the interior light. Someone wanted to know where to get plastic chromed and I knew of that place in British Columbia . . . . sorry, no idea who the board member was you got them from.

m.
JeffBowlsby
The luster on them is definitely superior, they look like liquid chrome. But that finish is not anything like the factory originals. Wouldn't this be like SS screws for the tin?

So how would they be judged in competition?
w00t.gif

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 17 2011, 03:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

OK, Ok - not the first time I've screwed up. Happy to see you guys having fun though.

This is the pic I forgot.

Jeez!

Cairo94507
Weren't the originals metal and the replacements are now plastic? I seem to recall my old car had metal foglight grills.
sww914
They can't be judged in a concourse because they don't exist yet.
The date code on your photo is April 17th, 2011.
That explains why the photos didn't show up the first time.
jaxdream
Time warp ??? huh.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.