Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Control Arm Front Cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sailor
I am in the process of replacing my control arm bushings. Was wondering if the front caps can be tapped out and then replaced (reused)? Was hoping to use my allthread press to pull the new bushings into place.
Eric_Shea
Sure... just tap it out. PP has new ones. Or, stick some JB weld on there and stick them back in. Sometimes it's the only way to get t-bars out.

Funny story... those were the first words I uttered to Andy. I was in San Mateo and stopped by HPH in Redwood City to meet Brad. Andy was there with his car up in the air and his suspension on the ground. He was trying to yank the torsion bar out to no avail. I recognized the army boots from pictures and said "Andy, tap it through the front"
Sailor
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 16 2011, 08:53 PM) *

Sure... just tap it out. PP has new ones. Or, stick some JB weld on there and stick them back in. Sometimes it's the only way to get t-bars out.

Funny story... those were the first words I uttered to Andy. I was in San Mateo and stopped by HPH in Redwood City to meet Brad. Andy was there with his car up in the air and his suspension on the ground. He was trying to yank the torsion bar out to no avail. I recognized the army boots from pictures and said "Andy, tap it through the front"

Thanks, fortunately my t-bars slid right out the back. So far every thing has come apart pretty easily.
r_towle
tap them out
Flaten them on the bench gently so as not to stretch the metal and put them back in...

Hose out the inside of the a-arm to rid yourself of all the crud in there.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.