Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get Fuel tank fittings? or cap offs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TorqueJunkie
I am in process of cleaning my tank and an looking for a cap to put on the fuel return port on fuel tank, as I will not need it with carbs. Does anyone make one? Would rather cap it right at the tank.

VaccaRabite
I used a very short length of hose (like 2 inch piece) with a bolt in one end and both sides clamped. Has worked great, and used stuff I had in my shop.

I am guessing most folks have done something similar. its also easily reversible if you want to later go back for FI.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
If you do that, be sure to use a bolt long enough so that the clamped part of the hose is on a part of the bolt without threads.

The Cap'n
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 18 2011, 09:48 AM) *

If you do that, be sure to use a bolt long enough so that the clamped part of the hose is on a part of the bolt without threads.

The Cap'n

agree.gif That is exactly what I did.

Zach
ConeDodger
I used the existing nut with the fuel return nipple pinched off and brazed shut. I still have it somewhere... I will take a picture.
r_towle
Check with Auto Atlanta...I know he made a run of the stock nuts, not sure if he made a run of the cap nuts...
Does not hurt to ask.

Rich
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 18 2011, 09:05 AM) *

I used a very short length of hose (like 2 inch piece) with a bolt in one end and both sides clamped.

We include something similar with our carb fuel line & pump kit. smile.gif
dirk9141973
sawzall-smiley.gif Get some gasket material and 1/2" hole punch make 4 or 5 circles take out tube and thread on nut never leak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.