Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many 914s do you see
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
I'm wondering how often most of you see 914s driving around.
driving.gif
I have only seen one, and that was years ago.
At least the people around me see one often!
GeorgeRud
Other than a Porsche club events, I probably see 2-3 a year here in Chicagoland, (but only in the summer).

Any 914s driven year round in our area have fallen prey to the tinworm many years ago!
infraredcalvin
I'll see 1-2 a week. Lots of them out here, some beaters, some real nice.
jim_hoyland
Between Long Beach and Huntington Beach, I see a couple every week; usually cruising Pacific Coast Highway. Met a 14 owner at the Ananheim Porsche show who lives in nearby Seal Beach who has 914; a neighbor has one too.

I think there are a lot out there that are hidden in garages. Go on your local Craig's List ( do a search) --you might be surprised how many 914's get listed.
sharper
I've seen 4 or 5 at the monthy car gathering in east Cobb. Other than that I've seen only a couple on the road in the last few years.
flipb
You West Coasters suck.

In the 18+ months I've had my 914, I've seen one other "in the wild" - geniusanthony's "chromesicle", which I've seen at least twice. Neither time was I driving mine, however.
chandler1969
In my small town of Georgetown Ky, I have seen a nice blue one a couple times. Both times when I wasnt driving mine and going opposite directions. However a friend of mine and his Dad in neighboring city of Lexington each have one.
Michael N
I generally see 4-5 per month while driving around and not at car events. It surprises me how many are with in a couple mile radius of my house.
plymouth37
About 2-3 times a year not including shows, they are a rare sight!
VaccaRabite
Not counting when I see Joe's car, there are several of them in the York PA / Baltimore MD area. I see probably 10-15 a year.

Zach
Root_Werks
Never any unless there is a local event that draws then out. There is a cool green one that must live close to my place. I see it a couple times a year during the summer.
benalishhero
1-2 maybe each summer.
SirAndy
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 18 2011, 07:05 AM) *

agree.gif

Same up here in MidCal ... driving.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 18 2011, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 18 2011, 07:05 AM) *

agree.gif

Same up here in MidCal ... driving.gif

I see 4 everyday but there all in my driveway...See maybe 1 or 2 a year around Atlanta.

Bob
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 18 2011, 08:06 AM) *

Never any unless there is a local event that draws then out. There is a cool green one that must live close to my place. I see it a couple times a year during the summer.

Really? blink.gif I see about one or two a month not counting autocrosses or 914 events.
rmital
...in the past 6 years, I've seen 2 in the tri-state area.
underthetire
I saw 3 last week alone. Followed one almost all the way home even. And thats not the ones I already know in the area.
corsepervita
Saw one the other day. I see them once on a blue moon. So I find excuses to drive mine all the time smile.gif
dw914er
I know where I'll find one parked, but other than that I'll see maybe 1 or 2 a season (excluding PCA events).

It is kind of saddening though. I've never actually seen another 914 on the road when I'm in my own 914 (again, excluding a PCA event).
Mikey914
There are quite a few here in the Portland area. Here's one my son Taylor took a pictue of here in the parking lot of Albertsons. Same Alaska Blue as the one I'm working on right now, so it looks like I'll have a twin.
JRust
I see them occasionally as there are a few local guys. Both are electric conversions though. One silver 74 that used to be mine is a sweet little ride.

Unfortunately none of the 914's I see on the road are mine dry.gif
turboman808
There is one I pass all the time in Fort Lee when riding my bike. Once I even saw it moving. w00t.gif
orange914
i keep seeing mine in the garage... it doesn't seem to go anywhere
poorsche914
I have only seen a few 914s in the past several years here in east Tennessee.
But last weekend, 4 of us met up for an hour or so. Looking forward to all of us having roadworthy 914s so we can meet up and drive the Dragon driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 18 2011, 10:52 AM) *

Not counting when I see Joe's car, there are several of them in the York PA / Baltimore MD area. I see probably 10-15 a year.

Zach

counting zachs car I see none on the road poke.gif

\
actually i have seen about a dozen in the last year between york and baltimore. I have even stalked some of them smoke.gif
MikeSpraggi
In the wild, I may see two a year. Counting the events I go to, lots (for the east coast).
dirk9141973
biggrin.gif Cincinnati OH I see 5 or 6 different cars a year they all look very good from a far but don't they all ? The Porsche dealer has one in show room that is "NEW" less than 15k miles oh not for sale!
patssle
I've never seen another 914 in my life in Houston that I can remember. Aside from my own. sad.gif
tradisrad
i saw a primer black one in mountain view CA yesterday.
I guess I see atleast one a week.
balljoint
Only 10 in 15 years. All "in the wild". smile.gif Kind of cool to be heading home from work along 5 side road south of Georgetown and have an orange 914 zip through the S bend in the opposite direction. I always honk the horn and wave. Unless I am not in a vehicle.

Then I just wave.

What?
zonedoubt
Looks like the owner needs some of your rubber seals to keep out the rain.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 18 2011, 11:58 AM) *

There are quite a few here in the Portland area. Here's one my son Taylor took a pictue of here in the parking lot of Albertsons. Same Alaska Blue as the one I'm working on right now, so it looks like I'll have a twin.

TargaToy
Nearly NEVER. That's why I was so happy to see Jim Kelly lost in my neighborhood
in his teener earlier this week.

I'll try to return the favor one day...

For now, I can only offer the garage tour. lol-2.gif
Socalandy
I see 2-5 a week, this week I saw 2 that I'd never seen before!!

Today....
championgt1
I see the three same cars on a regular basis. A really nice blue 2.0, a nice white 2.0 and a beat up brown car.
RickS
In the last 2 years - 3 other than at events. First was a yeller one at a parking lot. Another was a fellow board member and we mutually flagged each other down to chat - heck of a nice guy - the other was a silver original six blasting down the road (me in my Jetta at the time).
nsr-jamie
I have been here in Japan for like 10 years now and have never ever seen a 914 drive on the roads. I do know there are about 30 -50 of the cars in the coutry but most of them don't run, are on jackstands, being restored or just sitting in garages....when I was in Canada last summer I saw 2 of them in one week in Vancouver and while driving down to Portland, Oregon on the I-5 I saw a 75 or 76 red teener being driven by a young guy with the top off.
I am in the Marina del Rey/Westchester LAX area of Los Angeles,not many around.. Used to see one parked on Sepulveda Blvd. near Dinias resturant..
avidfanjpl
I saw one in 3 years, but here are 3 of us at the OCR AX in February.

Notice which 914 is lowest?

But Dan's 6 conversion in green is totally unreal

John

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
And if you look closely to the right you will see 2 more 914's Both are 2056 cars, but not sure who did the engines.

Mine is the only 2L that shows up totally stock, so it is racing against myself, but that is OK.

J
avidfanjpl
Sorry, to the left. I am left handed and right brained. And I had or still have ADD, but I am not dyslexic,

!!!!!!!!ton kniht I tsael tA

nhoJ
mightyohm
Never seen one on the road here. My wife has seen one parked and I know of one up North. Now that mine is off the road, there might not be any driving around the Austin downtown area!
netbanshee
Aside from events, I've never seen one in the last 3 or so years between Philadelphia and upstate PA aside from one on a lot that was being sold. Asking way too much for a lightly refreshed '74.

When I was in high school (15ish years ago) a yellow 2.0 used to be in a parking lot on my drive to school. Got the blood pumping.
Drums66
...Not as many as i use to idea.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
popcorn[1].gif
ripper911
You guys need to get them off of those jack stands!
popcorn[1].gif
porbmw
MORE than I used to....I may now see one...or even two....a year...
euro911
QUOTE(914 @ Mar 19 2011, 08:09 AM) *
I am in the Marina del Rey/Westchester LAX area of Los Angeles,not many around.. Used to see one parked on Sepulveda Blvd. near Dinias resturant..
I used to see a few running around LAX and Westchester a couple of years ago. At least one of them is a known member on this board.

There are several others I've seen throughout the South Bay, but not on a regular basis.

I do see two in my neighborhood every day though.

Both are on jackstands ...

... in my driveway dry.gif
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.