Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gendent
73 2.0 L d jet 914 With the fuel pump relocated to the forward position in the tierod compartment--- I am installing new fuel lines and I have lost my orientation. As the two lines exit the firewall the larger one goes on up through the forward/rear grommet into the engine space? Then it connects to the passenger/driver side fuel rail? I believe I have thinge messed up because I turned the key on and fuel spilled out the front drain hole just behind the tierod compartment. Another learning opportunity for me.

Thanks,

Jim
tod914
The larger line is the feed line. When the pump is located in the rear of the car, it gets the step hose attached to it, then to the filter, then a 7mm ID line into the pump. Not sure how the plumbing is worked out when it's relocated. Think there would be a size issues.
ChrisFoley
He's all set after a quick phone consultation.
smile.gif
stugray
You do free phone consultations???

I am in!
How about a consult about the correct initial setup of some Webers?
( I have purchased from you in the last few months ...;-)

IME - CFR is a great resource to the 914 community !

BTW - I just did a complete replacement of both fuel lines thinking I was going to do the stock FI, then changed my mind & bought carbs.
So I have an extra tube from front to back.
I figured I would use it as a conduit for wiring for the fuel pump relay with the pump in the front.

Stu

mburkhart
I'm thinking of relocating my fuel pump from the stock location ( for a '74) to below the steering rack (as opposed to below the gas tank). How much would I expect to pay a good garage for this?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(stugray @ Mar 18 2011, 02:20 PM) *

You do free phone consultations???

I am in!
How about a consult about the correct initial setup of some Webers?

Buy some Webers from me and I'll be happy to give you a quick phone consultation about them. biggrin.gif
stugray
I was really kidding.

Just trying to get a rise out of Jake after the discussion on his forum about 'requests for "free info"' ......;-)

You would have some serious orders from me if I were only a little more endowed with the $$.
I have to stay away from your website because I start thinking of selling the wifes jewelry when she isnt looking.

Stu
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(stugray @ Mar 18 2011, 09:36 PM) *

I was really kidding.

I don't really sell Webers either. smile.gif
But we do have a new EFI intake setup in the works. beerchug.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(mburkhart @ Mar 18 2011, 03:19 PM) *

I'm thinking of relocating my fuel pump from the stock location ( for a '74) to below the steering rack (as opposed to below the gas tank). How much would I expect to pay a good garage for this?

$300-$1000.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.