Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guidance needed:Porsche brand battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
Hello-does anyone know the distance from the bottom of the battery tray to the bottom of the rain tray, and the measurements of the battery tray?

I'm trying to find the correct size Porsche brand battery that will fit without paying $200 (crazy I know, I have to have a Porsche battery... unless it just won't work).

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Paul
r_towle
have you asked the dealer for the part number?

Rich
PBC914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 18 2011, 04:37 PM) *

have you asked the dealer for the part number?

Rich

I have the part number from my old Porsche battery from 2005. While they can match, they think they can get me a cheaper battery that is larger, hence the request for measurements. Right now the 914 I purchased is sitting in a field under a tarp ready to be restored starting in May ( I don't have access to it right now to measure).

Cairo94507
I only hope you are going with a sealed-top, maintenance free battery. Personally the Optima batteries seem the best to me. I know...you said you have to have a Porsche battery...I'm just saying.
Cap'n Krusty
What you want is a "Group 42". Nothing else really fits. Maybe a "47", but they're taller. There's no room for anything longer or wider. BTW, it's likely your car came with a "Varta" battery, much less likely it came with a "Bosch", and no way in he*l it came with a "Porsche" battery.

The Cap'n
PBC914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 18 2011, 06:36 PM) *

I only hope you are going with a sealed-top, maintenance free battery. Personally the Optima batteries seem the best to me. I know...you said you have to have a Porsche battery...I'm just saying.

Where is a national dealer for Optima?
mepstein
Might be a better idea to buy the battery right before you intend to use it.
GeorgeRud
If you decide to go with an Optima instead, the size 34R is the one to get. Size 34 works as well, but the terminals are reversed and it's a tight fit to get the battery cables attached.
MikeSpraggi
Choose the sealed battery of your fancy, paint it red, black or yellow, add some Porsche stickers and ... viola! A Porsche battery.
bandjoey
I think the original battery had a topcover. Walmart group 42 battery, original cover, P sticker. U can send me the $75 you'll save this way. biggrin.gif

Post in classifieds for a cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.