Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 914 2L Ad in Lebanon PA FYI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
No affiliation, but several folks looking for 73-74 914 2.0s have asked me in the past about this one, which is NOT what LemonFree advertisement says! dry.gif

In fact, it's a highly modified V-8 conversion with a Chalon or similar slant nose, roll bar removed & other extensive mods. Nothing wrong with this type of a mod-teen - but they should advertise it as such, & not as a "New" 1973 914 for $17,500!!! dry.gif

I Googled for the dealership & found this link from their inventory & the LemonFree link below those 2:
http://www.autofind.com/dealer/details/841...00004742018454/
http://www.5pointsautocenter.com/
http://www.lemonfree.com/e6ac641adce21f184...251.html=228199

After seeing these pix of it, I realized it was one which had been advertised online since 2009, often coming up in a 1973 914 2.0L FS cars search, so it's sitting around for some reason - other than it looks tired at the interior & not a particularly "clean" conversion & resto job! shades.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

ar15.gif

SirAndy
Gotta love the rust "repair" cover up they did in the rear trunk ... rolleyes.gif

Then VIN falls within the LE range.
idea.gif
r_towle
classy bodywork on that.
Look at how aero dynamic the deck lid meets the rear trunk lid....brilliant.
The air scoop on the top may have taken years to design and test.

Rich
Tom_T
agree.gif on tacky engine cover & "scoop" & rear trunk cover-up,

... as well as a poor fitting ashtray & some huge cracks on dash, door inner panels look like they used upholstery tacks for old style living room sofas to put it on, the cheapo black dye is wearing off what look to be 71 MY tan seat material, tacky center console & 2 gauges, holes in the rear trunk forward bulkhead compromises stiffness on a now heavier V8 914, black paint on the rear fascia instead of a nice reflector or paint & 914-V8 badge or something, etc. etc., etc. dry.gif

PS - in fact, judging by the front end/bumper & headlights, it looks more like a full front end clip from a 924 or 944 - rather than a 914 front end!!?? blink.gif
Cairo94507
That poor thing needs to be put down. Seriously.
Mike Bellis
That is a POS with a red paint job... barf.gif

IPB Image
championgt1
Steering wheel looks like it has been sitting outside for a couple years.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 18 2011, 05:35 PM) *

That poor thing needs to be put down. Seriously.

I think we've been doing a pretty good job of "putting it down" Michael! biggrin.gif

And this PA blue suede shoes used car dealer wants $17,500! blink.gif
netbanshee
I saw Lebonan, PA in the title and got hopeful (purely on distance of car).

Why did I have to look at that poor thing? :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.