Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911/914 combo gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey guys. I recently picked up a porsche 911 early combo gauge. p/n is 911.641.102.00 . It has a slot for TEMP and it has a big handbrake warning light on the bottom. My plan is to unscrew the handbrake warning light and replace that with my fuel gauge. thus eliminating the temp gauge out of my console, ill plug in an oil pressure gauge into the Center console.

I need to find the temp gauge plugin and sender-

and how do i trim the plastic thingy that holds the red lens for the blinker thingy. (brake warning light). it is riveted to the silver center on the face and to the holder for the lens.
Aaron Cox
C'mon guys!
i wanna put a fuel gauge in the spot where the handbrake warning light thing is. The gauge has a removable section for the temp and the warning light. BUT...the w.light is held in by a plastic thing that is riveted to the gauge and holds the silver center on the front of the gauge. do i just cut the thing from around the rivet? and just plug in my fuel gauge?

also, the gauge is missing its temp module- what module and sender do i need? will the gauge module run off the center console temp sender?

help me out here!
Bleyseng
Find one of these off a 77 911 as it just pops in with no mods. Buy from Porsche the right sensors and install em. I bought this one for $25.
Geoff
drew365
I have a list with some gauges and sender #'s but your gauge isn't on it. Porsche should be able to tell you what sender goes with that gauge. Try posting a pic of your gauge and it'd be easier to help concerning the brake light.
Aaron Cox
It's your basic combo gauge- same size as the one in my 914
it is labeled TEMP on top and VDO on the bottom. I got this as a bonus in an ebay auction- the temp sender and gauge are not present- i need the correct 914 sender/gauge. the 911 P/N doesnt really matter. I will plug my fuel gauge into the brake warning light section.

56k - wont let me upload pictures before website times out
TimMartin
you don't even need the part numbers to match senders with gauges. You can test the range with a potentiometer and an ohm meter. Once you know the range you can call up palo alto speedometer and tell them (there's only really two ranges i believe) and they can get you the right sender. They don't know porsche part numbers, only VDO numbers...

as for the work you need to do to hack things up and together, your description is hard to follow, include some pictures. I have some shots of hacked up gauges on my 914 site, they might help you out.

.tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.