Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Black22
I have had a laundry list of things to do to the teener lately. One thing I had been meaning to do is adjust the clutch and replace my trans mounts with the 911 sport mounts. I've had the replacements for months and was just to lazy to get to them, but every time I drove the car I would wonder if the new mounts would help with shifting. When I pulled the old ones out, this is what I found... headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

I guess this was part of the problem! headbang.gif

Now, along with the clutch adjustment, she shifts like a dream,I mean.....as well as these cars can. It also corners better too! driving.gif I guess that's because my tranny isn't swinging in the breeze anymore!

Thanks to Dr. Evil for the "31 pages" document. It made the adjustment simple and solved my other issue of reverse gear grinding after long drives. That clutch cable was wayyyyy to loose.

Thanks to everyone else on here for the threads on choosing mounts and questions on transaxles....it ALL helps! aktion035.gif
nsr-jamie
Thats cool !! Congrats on finding the problem and making the car better...I just bought some aluminum mounts from Rich at High Performance House and hope to install those too soon...I also hope to get some small improvements as well. Cheers!! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.