Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mounting engine stand adapter to engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Can somebody tell me the proper way to attach this engine stand mount to the back of this 930 motor? see pic

Click to view attachment
SLITS
The two large holes fit over the transmission mounting studs.

The four smaller holes are to mount the arms of the engine stand plate. I threaded mine for 3/8" bolts to attach the arms of the engine stand to the adapter.

The notch with the hole (at bottom of your pic) is to mount the flywheel lock.

Sometimes it takes some doing to arrange the arms of the engine stand to fit semi-correctly.

Oh, I have two of the adapters.

I would have edited the image, but I don't have photoslop on this 'puter.
J P Stein
I attach the ring in the position you have it.....to the oil pump side of the case.
Studs with spacers to get the threads. How you attach the ring to the engine mount is your problem....not trying to be nasty. The proper tool takes care of that.(see pic)
You may have to do some welding.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2011, 10:27 AM) *

The four smaller holes are to mount the arms of the engine stand plate. I threaded mine for 3/8" bolts to attach the arms of the engine stand to the adapter.

Sometimes it takes some doing to arrange the arms of the engine stand to fit semi-correctly.

Thanks slits. Does the flat side go to the engine?
J P Stein
I attach the ring in the position you have it.....to the oil pump side of the case.
Studs with spacers to get the threads. How you attach the ring to the engine mount is your problem....not trying to be nasty. The proper tool takes care of that.(see pic)
You may have to do some welding.
SLITS
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 20 2011, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2011, 10:27 AM) *

Thanks slits. Does the flat side go to the engine?

There is a relief that fits the case machined/cast into one side of the adapter (beveled side). That goes against the case to accommodate the lip on the case, so the answer is NO!

I mount the adapter to the opposite side of what you have shown. I love being contrary to JP.
J P Stein
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2011, 08:42 AM) *

I mount the adapter to the opposite side of what you have shown. I love being contrary to JP.

Knock yourself out. biggrin.gif
I'd love to see a pic of how you assemble the motor.
SLITS
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Mar 20 2011, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2011, 08:42 AM) *

Knock yourself out. biggrin.gif
I'd love to see a pic of how you assemble the motor.

Ya got me ... haven't split the case on a Six as yet ... just P&Cs & head work. I'll get around to splitting one on the next engine (bad #5 rod) and I will find out that I can't do it JP ... pray.gif biggrin.gif
iamchappy
I have mine on like this right now, and I've had it on the other side before.I used a 1/2" socket to snug up the nut on the stud, In the past i have backed out the stud and attached it with a bolt, since it is really only hanging off of the studs i do it this way now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.