Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can i buy the plastic slider piece for ext door handle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Next GenRacing
I was getting into my car last night and the handle kinda popped and then it wasnt catching so i had to get in on the pass side. upon further inspection it looks like the plastic piece that slides on the inside of the handle broke. The handle is in good condition other then this, i am a poor college student and cant afford new handles, is there anywhere onliine that i can buy just the slider?

any help would be awesome,
Danny
underthetire
All the usual suspects have them. Bought mine from GPR, they were a couple bucks more, but they always ship same day.
Cupomeat
All the 914 parts places (Pparts, AutoAtlanta, etc.) have them (and in better plastic than the original) for relatively cheap.

Becareful not to pull out the stud from the handle body (pot metal) on the external screw when taking it out.

In case you've never done this before, the handle is held in by a stud/nut (on the door jam area) and an internal hex bolt on the inside of the door.

Pull the door panel, gently pull away the plastic sheeting and work your hand up the inside with a internal 6 point hex on an extender. I think it is 4 mm, but might be 6mm. Keep the window up!

Good luck
Next GenRacing
Sweet thanks for the fast reply, I got the handle out this morning without a hitch.
Dave_Darling
I think it goes by "door latch cam" in most of the catalogs. Pretty much everybody carries them; use your favorite vendor. (That's Pelican, right? wink.gif )

--DD
Elliot Cannon
GPR right? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.