Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebring Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Between working for my Porsche Dealership, Skip Barber Racing and SVRA, I didn't get a lot of time to take very many pictures, but here goes

Pre-Race

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Getting the Green Flag - Lets Go Racing!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
The ORECA Team Celebrating as their Peugeot comes home 1st

Click to view attachment
SGB
Damn. Without speed coverage, I missed it all. Was it a good race?
pt_700
thanks for sharing the pics! who needs the networks, we have our own "man in the field"! i'm so ready for racing season to start...

would it have killed you to include at least 1 umbrella girl?!
carr914
This is Russ's (Bullethead on this Forum) car

Click to view attachment
Zimms
TC and Bullet - It was great to meet you both.

I really enjoyed the SVRA races this year.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Great race. I have more to post later. Its a shame the ALMS botched the TV end of it. Even the local coverage at the tack was botched.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More later...
pt_700
awesome pics zimms! nice teener content. took yourself, i assume? if so can you share some particulars on your gear?

i'm so ready to go drink a beer and watch this stuff at my local sears point & laguna seca!
PeeGreen 914
So what car punted the AJR car during practice?
carr914
Mark, Great to finally meet you after being at the same races all time - I wish could have more free time. Russ (Bullethead) Good to put a face with a screen name - very good looking car you have there, Glad to give you a Bjg Thumbs Up on Pit Lane as you came in on Friday !

QUOTE(Zimms @ Mar 21 2011, 04:01 PM) *

TC and Bullet - It was great to meet you both.

I really enjoyed the SVRA races this year.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jmill
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Mar 21 2011, 11:08 AM) *

would it have killed you to include at least 1 umbrella girl?!

agree.gif WTF.gif
carr914
Brian Johnson of AC/DC Vintage Ride. Brian is a Very Cool Car Guy who I've raced against in the past. aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Zimms
I use a Canon 20D and usually a 150mm-500mm Tamron lens with its version of IS. It is a little slow and bulky, but sharp at 500mm. I used to use a Canon 300mm IS USM f4, but I was always putting a 2x extender on to get what I wanted. First time I bought an off brand, and I am pretty happy with it.

I shot the Corvette/458 frames coming out of turn 1 with a Canon 85mm f1.8. It is a great inexpensive lens. The shots are not crisp, but it was awesome to watch the two of them race down to turn 3 side by side.

No idea what happened to AJR. They didn't broadcast or I didn't hear it. We saw the Lambo guys in the paddock Friday night, and they were upset. They needed wheel. I guess they found it, but had the same issue again. They weren't too talkative. Robertson's are making a hell of an effort as well. The Rebellion Lola is beautiful in person.

The rest of the season's GT race, LeMans, and Petit are going to rock.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

URY914
Love that Ford GT.
beech4rd
Thanks for the great photos. Ditto on the total bust regarding the TV coverage. How ALMS could have thought that was better exposure than Speed gave them hurts my head.
carr914
While the coverage may have sucked, what you are missing is that ALMS paid to have their races on SPEED and now they are getting paid by ESPN. Internet Live Streams are really the wave of the future and ALMS is trying to get ahead of the curve. And why would you want to pay your competition (Speed- NASCARTV)?

The problem at the track was it was supposed to be Broadcast locally, but the feed failed
beech4rd
Point taken.
I tried to access ESPN3 thru Time Warner Cable and - talk about being put through hoops. I settled for the condensed ABC version on Sunday afternoon, which managed to suck all the drama from an endurance race with constant product placement spots (read Corvette), odd faces from the past- I love quick Vic but seeing him just holding a mike and saying basically "Hi, I'm Vic Elford" and the assumption that the audience knew very little about ALMS. I don't remember seeing the MuscleMilk Aston once.

carr914
The MuscleMilk car went after about 100 Laps, The Gulf Aston went out after 8 laps
smg914
Race? What race? Was there a race goin' on?

While TC was driving around in his golf cart, "The Cooper Girls" were all over me when they found out I own three 914's.
Bullethead
Click to view attachment
Great photos, guys... Zimm, thanks alot for the action shot of the Pickle about to be swallowed by one of the historic cars. Damn they were fast!
Sorta feel sheepish about adding one of mine, it's just a point & shoot but I did get close to the track. Great to meet you there TC and Zimm,
maybe next time the 6 will be done. BTW, the nice orange teener supported by Predator is driven by Brian's wife... an ex-Brumos 914.
carr914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Mar 23 2011, 12:46 AM) *

While TC was driving around in his golf cart, "The Cooper Girls Skanks" were all over me when they found out I own three 914's.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.