Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Compartment Dress up Ideas -4 Dual Carb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
texag09
Need some insperation, pulled all the tin to paint it and pollished the intakes.

What are some extreme things people have done to really make it look good inside the engine compartment.

the carbs sit so far apart and with the stock cooling system it looks just like a massive hole in the car like something is missing.

Just spitballing here but I was thinking of making a sheetmetal cover that attached between the air cleaners and carbs that ran between the two covering the top of the engine, with a central mounted oilcooler with fan on the back ducted out the wheel well. (will add sketch later). I figured due to the roof line and the lack of a rain tray. air would pass over the oil cooler and be pulled by the fan and ducted out of the eninge compartment via the wheel wells. Also this should help to duct air to the front of the engine towards the cooling system instead of just down on top of the engine.

I am sure there is a massive flaw in this plan I am not seeing so please let me know.

texag09
Sketch of my idea.

IPB Image
SGB
I kinda like that big gap between the carbs- only a flat engine layout can look like that.

Also, engine cooling comes up from the bottom and exits out the screen... maybe reverse the expected oil cooler fan flow. There are other threads about putting a cooler there- some say yes, some say no, but it really isn't needed unless you've hopped up the motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.