Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carolinas Region PCA AX this past weekend...ALMOST FTD in Huey!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
This probably should be in the Paddock section, but more people seem to be here that I know, and know Huey anyway...

So...Nadine and I ran Huey this past weekend in his second Autocross with A6 tires - first was last year at Smoky Mountain Region's Fall Fest.

Fall Fest result? 2nd Fastest Time of Day behind Jonathan Foulds RSR Replica with BIG 3.6 engine.

Carolinas AX Result this past weekend? 2nd FTD behind Sean Steinbrueck and his 997 Turbo.

A few of us Teener owners want to stop the 997 juggernaut of Sean and Carrie (she's beaten him a few times for overall FTD).

I'm getting close, just need to pick up a few 10ths. but had an absolute BLAST. He only beat me on his last run of the day!
poorsche914
Way to go Huey cheer.gif Err, I mean, Bob bye1.gif

Looking forward to the autocrosses at Splash Country this year.
Finally got my LE running. Not going to be ready to autoX any time soon but I will go to take pictures at the very least.

driving.gif
dlee6204
Sounds like it was a good show. driving.gif I was scheduled to come out but didn't quite make it. dry.gif I'll be at the next one though!
J P Stein
Go get em' Bob.
We haven't been beaten by anything with the engine behind the axles for a couple- 3 years. Butt time alone may do it for you, I really don't know. Tweaking the car some can't hurt. In the specalised world of AX, the 914 is the Porsche to have.
It's only limited to what you are willing to do with it.
naro914
Keep in mind, Huey is a street car. Stock suspension, 901 stock trans, no limited slip, carpeting etc. The only 'upgrade' to the suspension is front sway bar, 21mm front torsion bars, and 180 lb springs. Oh, and good brakes.

and I guess the 3.2 engine doesn't hurt.

Huey is heavy too - almost 2200 lbs. Thats what a 3.2 engine, oil tank, oil cooler, full welded roll cage, etc will do. yeah, I could lighten him up and pull stuff out, but first and foremost, he's a street/fun weekend car. Autocross is his second job, especially since we'll probalby only do 3-5 per year.
scotty b
AWESOME !! first.gif is in your future smile.gif
bandjoey
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Congrats!! Glad Huey is having a good time. biggrin.gif
naro914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 22 2011, 12:39 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Congrats!! Glad Huey is having a good time. biggrin.gif

Bill, this was not a 'look at this' thread without pictures, I was mearly commenting that Huey almost got FTD. No pictures needed smile.gif

However, if you want a picture, here's a couple of Nadine at the start, and after she crossed the finish line:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.