Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crimped hose connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I dislike AN style hoses and I'm interested in being able to make my own crimped end hose connections. Seems like rather than building these assembled AN hoses, I could make my own custom hoses. I expect that there's a wider range of hose ends available for crimping than there are AN fittings. Seems like I'm often spending hours searching for just the right AN fitting, since I also hate adapters. Anyone have any experience with this?

These are the types of hose ends I'm thinking of.
IPB Image

As far as I can tell, this type of crimping tool should work.
IPB Image

Anyone have a good source for compatible hose ends? I'm thinking banjo fittings, etc.
JeffBowlsby
How about these kind of crimps Mark?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#crimp-hose-clamps/=bjajpq

M-C has a a lot of different kinds and tool available.
McMark
I have that setup and like it quite well. But I'm looking for something to supplement that setup. I'm looking for OE-Porsche looking hoses. Like these...

IPB Image
JeffBowlsby
Those look like these then:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hose-crimps/=bjand6

Search on 'crimp hose' at M-C. Lots of options, should get you close anyways.
Cap'n Krusty
When the late Dave Shepard had GPR, he made hoses for us all the time. Sometime between his passing and the initial inventory, the tooling and parts grew little legs and departed for parts unknown. You'll have to source a metric kit, because (according to out local hose and coupling place) there aren't any inch sleeves that fit metric hoses.

The Cap'n
Mike Bellis
There is a shop called Source in Pacheco/Martinez that is a great resource for odd ball hoses. Including metric fittings. He makes hoses and hardlines. He also sells hose parts and fittings.
sixnotfour
For the german Cohline stuff ,they sell a manual crimper, If that AC crimper will be stout enough to crimp the steel sleeves, Its cheap enough to try, the Cohline one is 1K.
I modified an old dayco hydraulic crimper to do the cohline stuff, basically have to rebore and shorten the crimp length, it does a crimp like your picture.
rebel racing will crimp em also, not sure what crimper he uses,
I have this one, and so does gunnar restoration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.