Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 15" Panasport UltraLight Racing Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
yarin
Selling a set of four Panasport UltraLight 15" x 7" wheels with Kumho V710s, 2-3 autocrosses on them.

Wheels were mounted on my '72 914 with rolled fenders all around, no flares required. Previous owner had rolled the fenders so I can't confirm exactly how much work is required, but I never had an issue with rubbing. There wheels are perfectly straight, no dents.

These wheels manufactured by Panasport are for “Racing Purpose Only” and are not to be used for street applications. They utilize Panasport's tapered face steel inserts that allow standard tapered lugs to fasten the wheels, silver powder painted center with a polished outer edge. The eight spoke design provides excellent tire support and allows proper air flow for better brake control. These wheels are made of an aluminum alloy, heat treated for high strength and durability and weigh 14 lbs each.

Tires: 205/50/15 Kumho V710s I purchased brand new.

Wheels are in good condition, polished deep dish lip on this set.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Autocross Videos of wheels mounted on youtube:
Video1
Video2
Video 3

Wheels/tires are currently mounted and balanced, located in Somers, NY. Prefer to pickup but willing to ship if needed. Buyer pays shipping costs. I'm not certain what the offset is, but I can confirm if needed.

Asking $1000
driving.gif
ottox914
I have a set of these on my 914 and they are great. A perfect fit for 205-50 tires. I had to roll the rear fenders on my stock fendered car, the fronts fit just fine. Your fitment may be different. Love mine, great period look on the car.

Yarin- might help to measure the back space and show that also.
NORD
icon_bump.gif

Good deal!!! I run these on my car all the time ( 4 lug ) and in 1995

they were $295. each plus shipping driving.gif

Only had one State Patrolman ever notice and that was at a BBQ and he

owned a 914 6
campbellcj
I used to run these too on a Ravenna Green 73 2.0 I had about 10 years ago -- sweet wheels. Good luck with the sale!
Woody
Damn I wish I had the cash, I would jump on these.
Woody
Just curious, how much to ship to 78230?
Jetsetsurfshop
Did you sell the wheels yet?
yarin
Pending sale of two sets of Panasports... Will confirm in about a week.
yarin
SOLD both sets!!! thanks 914world!
yarin
SOLD both sets!!! thanks 914world!
stugray
Just curious:

Why would these be marked for racing use only?
How could wheels good enough for racing NOT be good enough for the street?

Stu
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(stugray @ Apr 20 2011, 09:32 PM) *

Why would these be marked for racing use only?
short answer, the manufacturer never submitted them to DOT testing. They may or may not be able to pass DOT standards testing for street use, but without paying for the test, you don't get to sell them for street service. If you can't prove it, you can't claim it.
How could wheels good enough for racing NOT be good enough for the street?
because the environments are very different. race track service sees heavy side load but (because they are typically very smooth) few impacts. They trade off lightness for strength. They're typically not as robust in the outer lips and do not resist bending as well. They can handle side loads, but not potholes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.