Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should i buy this 72 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyepoppet
I'd let her go for 1100. I'd be happy to deliver or meet part way if you would like, I have a truck and trailer so its no big deal. All I would need is gas and a couple bucks for my time/food. We could meet your side of Chicago for 300 (260 for gas and 40 for food tolls and what not), or to your door for 650 (560 in gas and 90 for food tolls and such). If you prefer to have a professional carrier move it I can help with what ever is needed for pickup.
I believe it has porsche original wheels on it and they are in really nice shape
has no motor or trans he says

IPB Image
<br>\
IPB Image
type47
First off ... welcome.png
I'll assume from your title you're buying and from the contents of the thread this is what the seller is stating. If it's your cup-o'-tea, go ahead. Search here for the usual cautions on what to look for when buying a 914 (rust,...). The car looks similar to one of Dr 914's 9014 kits. Not at all appealing to me, but my cars are probably not appealing to you. It would be alot of work for a new-to-914's person to get it going (no engine or trans, as you stated). If you really want a 914, why not buy one already running so you can enjoy it as you improve/restore it; in the end, the money outlay will probably be the same.
sean_v8_914
show us photos of the firewall behind the passenger seat and same area in the engine compatrment under teh battery tray. this is where rust is most destructive. look at jack points and under teh chassis just aft of teh jack points. while they all have rust there, rotting crusy cancer can weaken the chassis and be costly to repair

body kit is Rayco rear flairs and wing, slant nose front. bumpers apear to be fiberglass which saves a lot of weight.
sean_v8_914
look in this area
bandjoey
Run run run run run run away if anything looks like the pic above. Unless U really want a 2 year project.

This is a $300-$600 roller anywhere else. Look around for a running car otherwise and do the drive and restore routine. It's more fun.

Go to the fourm list and look at the restoration threads too.

Welcome!
Pat Garvey
To quote Pink Floyd......
Run, run, run, run run, run, run, run,run......
Rand
I wouldn't take that one if they gave it to me. Unless it was a truly miraculous zero rust body. Which isn't likely.

No, I stand by my first statement. I wouldn't want it no matter what... I just can't take the Rayco kit. Too much work to make it look like a 914 again.

Any info on the drivetrain?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.