Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The internet is killing Pomona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sammy
Went to Pomona this morning, less stuff than last time, or the time before.
Granted the dumb ass weatherman was saying major rain storm (that didn't show up) so that may have scared off some vendors.
My take is that since the recycler got on the web and with hte success of E-bay it's easier and more profitable to sell stuff there instead of at pomona. Oh well. I saw Wayne and Glenn there, there was a pair of 16x8 fuchs with tires I wanted real bad, but not $700 bad.
Brad Roberts
Um.. sometimes you should buy things.... and tell other people about it.. and make 100$ for no apparent reason other than you picked them up for me.

That is a damn good deal Sammy. I just paid 850$ for a near concourse set of 15x7's+8's with good tires.

B
Sammy
I might be able to contact the guy, he is from san diego. If I can find his name I'll send you the contact info.
he drives a 911 at AX at jasvk Murphy, his last name is Lee I think. Tires were dunlop SP2000s or something like that, more than 50% tread left.
Sammy
OK I'm pretty sure his name is Jae Lee, but that's all the info I have. There's 4 Jae lees in the phone book in san diego, if that's where he lives, just because he races at SD doesn't mean he lives there.
maybe one of the SD guys on this board knows him.
seanery
were they 911 8's or 951 8's ?
Zeke
I barely go anymore myself. It's all about VWs and rap music for the most part. I have bought 95% of my stuff off Recycler and Pelican. I would be checking here on the classifieds but I'm in short need of much else unless someone has a cheap solution to my rear spring dilema. (See thread if you missed it) Yeh, Sammy, the times they are a changin'.
mskala
I thought that the same thing would happen to Hershey several
years ago, I mean everybody has a million ways to get parts these
days. However, each year it seems to get bigger. Maybe in that
case it's because it's only once a year and there is really no
parallel to it for hundreds if not thousands of miles away. I still
go every year because it's a good excuse to plan something a
year in advance to see some friends and have a good time. I
rarely buy anything other than oil filters and random little things,
just for the convenience.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
meursault
Oh yeah, Jae Lee. Korean guy, runs a small business called Mirage International in San Diego just off Morena Blvd. I know him but I don't have his number offhand. He races a nice dark green '73 911 with a 3.6 liter engine with Electromotive. I think he's just too scared of ruining the car to go very fast. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.