Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lower Front End
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I checked the search and saw two threads on this but neither had a pic of the bolt that is supposed to be turned.

References to torsion bar, strut, swaybar...but somehow I get spaced without a good picture.

Just need a pic or diagram of what I am supposed to turn with the 11mm socket.

Also is rear the same?
silver74insocal
its right behind the rear torsion bar bushing and mounting point. if you jack the front tire up you will see the spindle and strut attached to the torsion bar which runs from the front below the bumper to right before the steering rack. you will see the rear mounting "clamp" with to bolts holding it on, and just to the rear of that is the adjuster

and no the back does not have torsion bars..good luck

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
Here is a better photo looking at it from behind the passenger front tire forward!
7TPorsh
Going to try to do this today.

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
This link should give you all the info you need!

Lowering your front end!

turnaround89
An allen wrench fits into the bottom if its 914 front suspension...my 911 front end using a hex bolt.

I want to say its lefty lower, righty raise. I lowered mine a long time ago and can't remember. Its pretty easy to find out which way, just experiment...turn clockwise, if it lowers you found the correct direction, if it raises, turn the opposite direction.

Yes, the suspension arm should be parallel or close to parallel to the ground

I think you can lower the car while it is on the ground, but getting under the car to get to the bolt may be difficult unless your very skinny. Raising the car up would help to get some extra torque on the allen wrench if the bolt is a little rusty or stuck

Use some liquid wrench or PB blaster etc on the bolt, before my 5 lug conversion, i couldn't lower my 914 because the bolt was stuck and nothing could be done to turn it, thank God the 911 suspension was in great shape and the bolt turned very easily

Hope this helps, good luck
7TPorsh
Here is the car. Thinking of lower the front about 3/4" or 1".

From reading the other thread I am hoping I don't run into alignment problems and drilling out holes, etc.

If I lower it an inch, can I compensate the alignment myself or am I looking at having to go into a shop?

Any way to bring the back down a half inch or so?
thx

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
From reading the other thread I am hoping I don't run into alignment problems and drilling out holes, etc.

If I lower it an inch, can I compensate the alignment myself or am I looking at having to go into a shop?

Any way to bring the back down a half inch or so?

It looks like your car has already been lowered a small amount so you will need to check to see if bump stear stearing rack spacers have been installed! If not you should consider adding them and having your car 4 wheel aligned!
7TPorsh
really? what does stock height look like on these?

Have to get underneath and see.
turnaround89
Lowering the car more than a 1/4inch requires everything being realigned. If you have a way of properly aligning the car by yourself, by all mean go ahead, certainly save some green in the process.

You would need adjustable coilovers in the back to lower it, thats all i know, i don't think you can lower a stock rear end
Jeffs9146
I think the factory look was like this in order to import into the US under ride hight restrictions! Add a couple of people at 350lbs to the seats and it will look closer to level!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.