Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: NOS Bosch Fuel Pump for a FI 73 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
smg914
Wanted to buy an NOS (New Old stock) Bosch Fuel Pump for a stock fuel injected 1973 914 2.0

Porsche part # 311 906 091 D
Bosch part # 0 580 463 005 or # 0 580 463 009

Thanks,
Steve

UPDATE 3/31/11 - I just purchased an NOS Bosch 0 580 463 005 in its original box still sealed in plastic aktion035.gif FANTASTIC!!!!!
JRust
Hey Steve I've been looking for a good working fuel pump myself. I've been through 8 so far with none of them working right. They either leaked or didn't work period. I just bought a used one on ebay & am keeping my fingers crossed. I did just find another option. http://www.fuelinjectioncorp.com/contact.php . They will rebuild our pumps but it's $295 with the core. I asked about doing multiple pumps if I could get a break. They said if I did 5 they could do it for $250 each. Just throwing this out as an option. I'm getting sick of screwing with these used pumps with no luck. So if the next doesn't work I will just pony up & get it rebuilt.

Sorry this isn't meant as a hijack smile.gif . Just thinking maybe a group buy/rebuild might be in order confused24.gif . -Jamie
smg914
No problem Jamie. If I can't find an NOS one (for less than an arm and a leg and half my butt) I wouldn't mind getting my pump rebuilt. It's out of the Sahara Beige car so the pump only has 23,000 miles on it. Although it's 38 years old, it certainly isn't worn out. It started leaking last week. I removed it yesterday, so now the search is on.
Tom_T
Check with Mark Heard Steve, as he clears out his attic he may come across one.

I still see 3-port 911 F/P's for sale new all over - any chance they can be used in an early 914/4? confused24.gif
914Mike
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 22 2011, 10:34 PM) *

Check with Mark Heard Steve, as he clears out his attic he may come across one.

I still see 3-port 911 F/P's for sale new all over - any chance they can be used in an early 914/4? confused24.gif

Dunno, but the FI bus pump works great. Only 2 ports, so you can get rid of the tee and a couple of clamps. Needs to have the bus filter too, as the intake is pretty big. Filter acts as the step-down to the normal size. Oh and the wires have to be pulled out of the 2-pin housing and pressed on the pump terminals separately. been running this setup for years with zero issues. Get the mounting clamp too.
detoxcowboy
ebay, i have seen several they come and go but it has been consistent. I bought one and it is pefrect.. there is a local shop by me whom I will visit tommorow, apparently has a 25 year collection of nos stuff including the 914 so If i see one I will let you know.. I do not know what arm and leg are but your car must be worth a leg from the appearnce so what is an additional arm? generally the new pumps have been circulating for low of $250 (exception maybe) and up to $450
smg914
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Mar 28 2011, 09:35 AM) *

ebay, i have seen several they come and go but it has been consistent. I bought one and it is pefrect.. there is a local shop by me whom I will visit tommorow, apparently has a 25 year collection of nos stuff including the 914 so If i see one I will let you know.. I do not know what arm and leg are but your car must be worth a leg from the appearnce so what is an additional arm? generally the new pumps have been circulating for low of $250 (exception maybe) and up to $450

Thanks. I'm still looking for one. So I appreciate you checking with them.
Any of these part numbers will do:
Porsche part # 311 906 091 D
Bosch part # 0 580 463 005 or # 0 580 463 009

Also thanks to everyone else that offered some suggestions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.