Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 914 2.0L For Sale. Runs Good
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Trav012000
Hey guys, I'm selling my 914. It's the one in my profile. I don't have the funds to continue work on her so I'd like to find her a good home.

I bought her for 3k and put another 3k into her in repair. Most notably I had the engine pistons and cylinders replaced with European style ones. Runs a ton better than it did before. Before one cylinder didn't make compression, and another only made half. Now it runs great. Also replaced the clutch with the 20 piece clutch kit from PP including fly wheel. Various other parts like shift bushings. I've got it all documented.

It has the original engine according to the numbers in the owners manual. carburated.

Parts that need work:
Hell hole. It's rusted through pretty good. Battery try needs replaced too, PO had it propped up and bungeed in place. It doesn't move at least. It's originally from Tennessee so it's got some rust on it. I think one of the jack posts may need replaced.

I think the switch for the headlights in the steering column might need replaced, brights wont turn on if you click it all the way, half way it goes on just fine.

Rubber lines for the washer fluid needs work.

The spot where the engine lid release is mounted was rotted away.

I've driven the car over 100 miles non stop with no problems.

It was a daily driver for me until last year when I got something with heat and AC.

If you want specific pictures just let me know. I'll try to get them in the next day or so depending on the weather. You should be able to see the car in my profile though.

$4000 OBO
Trav012000
Bottom line lowest I'll take is $2000. biggrin.gif

Need the money more than I need the car, but I need to have at least that much. Otherwise I'll hold on to her a bit longer, maybe find somewhere to store her.
Gint
Pictures sell cars.
Trav012000
I'll get some up just as soon as I have the time I swear. smile.gif
Trav012000
Ah, here's some pictures I posted back in 09 about the Hell Hole area:

Rust pictures

Trav012000
Sorry it took so long to get back with you guys. Here are some pictures, it's been raining here so she may not look the cleanest. The last picture is the hell hole from underneath. Email if you have any questions or want to see full res versions or additional photos.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.