Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn Patrol North by North/West UPDATE UPDATE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phatnine11
OK!
April is around the corner and we are in need of a 914 run fix. Approval has been granted by the Tour Master (Kent) for a run. Starting point will be in Azusa, ending in Rancho Cucamonga via highway 39. Date is April 2, 2011, start time 06:00 - 06:30. Starting location: Starbucks, located at 118 W. Foothill Blvd, Azusa, Ca. 91702. Due to the storms (water and snow), I will make a test run before April 1 and will let everyone know what shape the roads are in. Stay tuned for further information posts!
Phatnine11

Per Caltrans here is the skinny on highway 39:

SR 39
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED 4.5 MI SOUTH OF ISLIP SADDLE (LOS ANGELES CO) - DUE TO
STORM DAMAGE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

Looks like highway 39 is closed due to storm damage. So, the run is canceled!
silver74insocal
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif fingers crossed she continues to cooperate with me! oh and also the whole newborn thing biggrin.gif
76-914
I'm in. And so is Dave. That's what child seats are for. I really want to do this one. Probably a bore for the LA group but I hear it's good and one I haven't done, yet. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
silver74insocal
icon_bump.gif for all socal teeners beer3.gif
SLITS
Don't overcook it into a corner and park your car on a very large rock ... fun roads.
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 26 2011, 06:36 AM) *

Don't overcook it into a corner and park your car on a very large rock ... fun roads.

You should come along. We need someone to run point for the radar man. poke.gif Word on the street is that you have prior experience in this dep't.
914-300Hemi
would love to do this drive but i don't think my engine will be done in time. sad.gif
'73-914kid
I'm a no go I'm afraid. A two hour hourney on the freeway, just to get to a drive, is not at all in the cards.
-Ethan
phatnine11
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Mar 26 2011, 07:07 PM) *

would love to do this drive but i don't think my engine will be done in time. sad.gif

Ravi,
Bring the VW!
Cesar
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 26 2011, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 26 2011, 06:36 AM) *

You should come along. We need someone to run point for the radar man. poke.gif Word on the street is that you have prior experience in this dep't.

Uhhhhhhh ... that's a malicious rumor.ph34r.gif

hitfan[1].gif

busted_cop.gif
wertygrog
I'll be at Lake Havasu. :/ But I definitely want to make the next one.
914-300Hemi
i will bring the VW instead.
phatnine11
bump!
76-914
Cesar, I didn't see EDIT in the post so I'm not sure if the run is cancelled or that was a cut & paste from our previous failed attempt to scale Mt. Baldy. If it is cancelled do you guys want to do rice cyn-palomar, again. Or we could just go watch the girls beach volley ball practice's. confused24.gif

Edit: I see the update, though..............
phatnine11
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 30 2011, 07:41 PM) *

Cesar, I didn't see EDIT in the post so I'm not sure if the run is cancelled or that was a cut & paste from our previous failed attempt to scale Mt. Baldy. If it is cancelled do you guys want to do rice cyn-palomar, again. Or we could just go watch the girls beach volley ball practice's. confused24.gif

Kent, Sorry but the run is canceled. The beach volleyball sounds good, but I think the wife might be joining me on this run. Rice canyon/Palomar? is that where we ended up at Burrego Springs?
Cesar
silver74insocal
popcorn[1].gif still in (i think)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.