Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trunk lid rubber stops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
I've finished painting my car and I'm trying to remember how to assemble it. Some asshat who owned the car before I did drilled out four large holes into the rear trunk lid in order to mount some ghetto spoiler.

When I stripped the paint, I found that there was so much bondo work and re-work done to this lid that I just skipped it and bought another one.

Today I mounted it onto the hinges and found that I don't have the two small rubber stops that sit at the rear corners of the lid. I chewed up the old ones in the original lid in a sad attempted to extract them.

Does anyone make these? I've looked around without success.

Thanks.

-marcus
Jeffs9146
Pelican Parts "Deck Lid Rubber Bumper Stops"
r3dplanet
Oh, nice work Marcus! I've just spent an hour on the Pelican, AA, etc, sites looking for this part. I'm ordering a hundred of them and going to bed.

Move along Citizen, nothing to see here.

QUOTE(spankmeister7 @ Mar 24 2011, 08:16 PM) *

I've finished painting my car and I'm trying to remember how to assemble it. Some asshat who owned the car before I did drilled out four large holes into the rear trunk lid in order to mount some ghetto spoiler.

When I stripped the paint, I found that there was so much bondo work and re-work done to this lid that I just skipped it and bought another one.

Today I mounted it onto the hinges and found that I don't have the two small rubber stops that sit at the rear corners of the lid. I chewed up the old ones in the original lid in a sad attempted to extract them.

Thanks.

-marcus

Jeffs9146
LOL beerchug.gif

QUOTE(spankmeister7 @ Mar 24 2011, 08:38 PM) *

Oh, nice work Marcus! I've just spent an hour on the Pelican, AA, etc, sites looking for this part. I'm ordering a hundred of them and going to bed.

Move along Citizen, nothing to see here.

QUOTE(spankmeister7 @ Mar 24 2011, 08:16 PM) *

Thanks.

-marcus

Drums66
....They screw in to adjust in or out idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.