Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roller Transport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
What are the best options for transporting a non op roller.Are there any shippers that handle this kinda stuff.Is they any cheap ways to do this??Or is it better to rent some u-haul stuff,and take a road trip.Any ideas how to handle this???Thanks Jason
scotty b
Mike had his replacement car transported from Ca to Va on a car hauler. FWIW they will charge more for a non-driveabe vehicle
mepstein
QUOTE(Jaymann @ Mar 25 2011, 09:59 AM) *

What are the best options for transporting a non op roller.Are there any shippers that handle this kinda stuff.Is they any cheap ways to do this??Or is it better to rent some u-haul stuff,and take a road trip.Any ideas how to handle this???Thanks Jason

Call me and I might be able to help. Mark
Spoke
I tried to get a no-op 914 shipped from Connecticut to PA. Shippers don't want to move no-ops cause it's a big pain to move the car.

I ended up borrowing a buddy's truck and rented a uhaul trailer and moving it myself. Distance for me wasn't far at about 200 miles.
texag09
I have two people tha haul parts/non op cars for a living. They specialize in Pre 1965 american but I am sure if they have time they could work you in. Good prices too. PM me if you want numbers.
r_towle
plenty of haulers will do it.
Many have visted my house with long trailers and winches.
Use a broker....and remind everyone you talk to that its non op...
That detail seems to get lost from one person to the next.

If its under 500 miles...or damn close to that, its cheaper to rent a uhaul and go get it.

Rich
ldsgeek
U-haul has 2 types of flat-bed trailers, one of which will fit a 914. This is how I moved my 1974 from Keeseville, NY to Antrim, NH. Since they don't check mileage on trailers it is actually cheaper to rent and return locally. almost anything that qualifies to rent the trailer will comfortably haul a 914, I borrowed a Chevy Express 2500 van from work and didn't notice a change in fuel mileage towing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.