Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey 2011 Swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
As we are about 30 days away from the Hershey event, It’s time to find out if anyone in the NYC/ LI area will be driving there. Last month I contacted a few teeners in the area that will be going.

We are planning to meet somewhere convenient for everyone, and then drive up to Jersey to meet their group. I will check with Ray for day and time, but I believe that they will be leaving that Friday. The drive is about 200 Miles from JFK.

Let us know where you will be leaving from to help with the meet location.
I will be leaving from South East Queens.

rmital
Finding more of these threads at all the other websites.
Pelican Link
Another Pelican Link
Trying to weed out all the tri-state area Pcars to see if we could actually have a common meeting place.
It would be cool having more than the usual 5 or 6 or us together.
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 25 2011, 11:20 AM) *

Pelican Link
Another Pelican Link
Trying to weed out all the tri-state area Pcars to see if we could actually have a common meeting place.

Thanks Ray,
How have you been?
rmital
shades.gif
QUOTE(ppetion @ Mar 25 2011, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Mar 25 2011, 11:20 AM) *

Pelican Link
Another Pelican Link

Thanks Ray,
How have you been?

like everyone else in our area....sick of this weather bs.gif , looking forward to warmth and sun shine shades.gif
timofly
Ray,

I'm in.

Tim

auerbach
I'm in. I will be coming from Westchester. Ray I could meet you in Rockland. BTW, Metro PCA is hosting a very large event in Westchester on the 2nd. Pre-registration is required at www.icewarecorp.com/spring.

The current count is 300 plus people and about 75 concours cars. There will be a special 356 and pre 1977. I expect a number of 914's.

Give me a call for more info.

914.391.7171. It's a cell no not a part no.
rmital
QUOTE(timofly @ Mar 25 2011, 10:47 PM) *

Ray,

I'm in.

Tim

Tim...your in Randolph I think. So you kind of Northwest of our meeting place.
we should hook up with you somewhere on 78 around Lebanon? you would just shoot down 287....see if you could think of a good place to meet.
rmital
QUOTE(auerbach @ Mar 25 2011, 11:42 PM) *

I'm in. I will be coming from Westchester. Ray I could meet you in Rockland. BTW, Metro PCA is hosting a very large event in Westchester on the 2nd. Pre-registration is required at www.icewarecorp.com/spring.

The current count is 300 plus people and about 75 concours cars. There will be a special 356 and pre 1977. I expect a number of 914's.

Give me a call for more info.

914.391.7171. It's a cell no not a part no.

Lee...if your driving south via the Garden State Parkway, we could meet at the rest stop by exit 172. Huge parking lot....then we just drive south from there to the next meeting area.

If this keeps up....we'll have a great convoy of 914s blazing into PA!! flag.gif
chuckc
I'll be going but I'm leaving late Friday night after a Good friday service. Since my 914 is in PA already, my dad, brother and I will head to the event Friday morning. Are you guys planning on joining the convoy from the hotel?
auerbach
Ray, let's talk mid week before the event. There's a rest stop just befor the NY border. Is that the one at 172? Send me an e-mail.
rmital
QUOTE(auerbach @ Mar 28 2011, 11:06 PM) *

Ray, let's talk mid week before the event. There's a rest stop just befor the NY border. Is that the one at 172? Send me an e-mail.

3 weeks till Hershey....and it's still snowing outside this morning....will it ever end??? bs.gif
rmital
looks like the weather will be good...or good enough to enjoy the ride out to Hershey!
the plan still stands that we'll meet at the "Brookdale South" rest stop on the Garden State Parkway around 1:00. (approx. mile post 152)

PM me with questions or suggestions. The group is open to any time adjustment or location change. This place seemed to work good for us in the past.

anyone coming from further north wanting to meet at the Montvale rest stop (mile post 172), let me know and we could meet there around 12:30ish.
cantley914
Anyone can update me with the forecast for the week-end?
From what I can see from up here (Canada) it's thunderstom saturday 90% POP
Debating to come down depending on weather

Steph

idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif

AndyB
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Apr 18 2011, 07:34 PM) *

Steph

I am rolling from Syracuse NY. Origionating from Watertown area. Fridays forcast is sunny starting off. Traveling down Route 81
cantley914
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Apr 18 2011, 03:39 PM) *

Steph

I am rolling from Syracuse NY. Origionating from Watertown area. Fridays forcast is sunny starting off. Traveling down Route 81

If I come down it would be Friday also. Planning on leaving early (6:00 am) from Ottawa, Canada
Do you know what the weather is suppose to be Saturday?

Steph

Go Habs Go! smilie_pokal.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:02 PM) *

Steph

If I come down it would be Friday also. Planning on leaving early (6:00 am) from Ottawa, Canada

Steph

50% chance of rain bt thats been changing almost daily. I am driving the teener down.
cantley914
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Apr 18 2011, 04:10 PM) *

Steph

Steph

50% chance of rain bt thats been changing almost daily. I am driving the teener down.

Teener's not ready, not completly reassembled will have to take the VW. wacko.gif
Thanks for info, have a safe trip.
Steph
ArtechnikA

Do you know what the weather is suppose[d] to be Saturday?

Hershey 10-day Forecast
As of now, thundershowers, but 70ºF.

Bring GoreTex, a hat, and an umbrella.
There will be shelter in the Mid-Engine Invasion courtyard.
But 50% chance of rain really means 100% chance of rain somewhere, and 0% chance somewhere else. You might get wet. You might get sunburned.

Or both.
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2011, 09:01 AM) *

looks like the weather will be good...or good enough to enjoy the ride out to Hershey!
the plan still stands that we'll meet at the "Brookdale South" rest stop on the Garden State Parkway around 1:00. (approx. mile post 152)

PM me with questions or suggestions. The group is open to any time adjustment or location change. This place seemed to work good for us in the past.

anyone coming from further north wanting to meet at the Montvale rest stop (mile post 172), let me know and we could meet there around 12:30ish.

Ray, Can you give us an estimated mile fron the GWB to your meeting location, 2 of us are meeting in NY at 12:.00 noon to meet with your group. a estimated mile to lacation would give us a better idea as to adjust our departure time.
would we be better off taking the Gwb or the VZW (verazano)? please advise.

Thanks,
rmital
QUOTE(ppetion @ Apr 18 2011, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2011, 09:01 AM) *

Ray, Can you give us an estimated mile fron the GWB to your meeting location, 2 of us are meeting in NY at 12:.00 noon to meet with your group. a estimated mile to lacation would give us a better idea as to adjust our departure time.
would we be better off taking the Gwb or the VZW (verazano)? please advise.

Thanks,

you meeting at noon should give you plenty of time to get to the other meeting spot. I'll give you more detailed (milage) later.
rmital
ROLL CALL....who's planning on meeting up around 1:00pm (Friday) at the "Brookdale South" rest stop on the Garden State Parkway????
auerbach
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 21 2011, 09:35 PM) *

ROLL CALL....who's planning on meeting up around 1:00pm (Friday) at the "Brookdale South" rest stop on the Garden State Parkway????

See you at 12:30 at 172 rest stop.
914itis
See you there
timofly
Ray,

Looks like I'm OUT. Sold the Boxter and the guy is coming to pick it up tomorrow. Too bad, I have a bit of stuff to sell.

Tim
auerbach
Ray?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.