Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Exchanger/Header Advice needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I recently rebuilt my engine. I built a 2258. I am planning on installing the engine fairly soon however I wanted to get some opinions on what heat exchangers/ headers to use? The car is set up for auto-x. I do not use a heater. I have several mufflers options so please base your opinion only on the HE/Header part of the exhaust.

Here s my setup:
78mm crank
scat c45 cam
dual weber 44idf's
96mm p/c
1.8l heads cnc ported 42intake/36exhaust

Right now, I have stock (early) 2.0l he. Would those be ok or would I be robbing my engine?
sean_v8_914
chris foley tangerene header is dyno proven to increase hp
ssi heat exchangers have larger ID tubing
euro Race or Kerry hunter work better than stock on large displ motors run at full tilt such as AX, TT, DE
r_towle
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Mar 27 2011, 09:55 PM) *

I recently rebuilt my engine. I built a 2258. I am planning on installing the engine fairly soon however I wanted to get some opinions on what heat exchangers/ headers to use? The car is set up for auto-x. I do not use a heater. I have several mufflers options so please base your opinion only on the HE/Header part of the exhaust.

Here s my setup:
78mm crank
scat c45 cam
dual weber 44idf's
96mm p/c
1.8l heads cnc ported 42intake/36exhaust

Right now, I have stock (early) 2.0l he. Would those be ok or would I be robbing my engine?

You will be robbing the power in the upper end of the RPM due to air flow restrictions on any of the Heat Exchangers.

10-30HP could be easily left on the table, maybe more with your larger motor.

Look into Chris Foley's header...call him and talk.
www.tangerineracing.com
Chris is very knowledgable regarding how headers work and flow.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.