Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 315/35/17 Tire on rear.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TurboWalt
Is a 315/35/17 too wide a tire for the rear? My concern is will it make the car handle poorly? I know I will need very wide flares (ala JLO) with a custom wheel to make it fit properly. I'm having GT flares fitted by McMark. I will have him widen and or stretch them to fit. I'm just wondering is there a limit on going to wide?

Walt
rick 918-S
QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Mar 28 2011, 02:16 AM) *

Is a 315/35/17 too wide a tire for the rear? My concern is will it make the car handle poorly? I know I will need very wide flares (ala JLO) with a custom wheel to make it fit properly. I'm having GT flares fitted by McMark. I will have him widen and or stretch them to fit. I'm just wondering is there a limit on going to wide?

Walt

315/35/17 = 25.7x12.4/17

Here's Chris Julian's car. I don't know what size the the tires andf wheels are but their pretty big! I think alignment is key.

Andyrew
IIRC Chris's were 335's.

JLO is running 315's right?

For comparison Im going to run 285's, but im also running 255's up front.

To much rear tire to front tire ratio and it'll be a handful. (The other option is to put really sticky tires up front and medium performance tires in the back to get the handling ratio down).

Run the tire size you want on the back, Get the look you want. Then you can adjust with tire compounds and spring rates.
TurboWalt
I'll have a good size in the front to correspond with the rears. If JLO has 315's that should work for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.