Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxter Side Stripes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I like the smaller size letters on the Boxster Spyder. Sir Andy. Can you measure one at the dealer (you do work there, right?) and see if it would fit a 914?
Tom_T
IIRC TC works at a FL dealer too. PM or email him.....

You might want to mock it up on a 914 before applying it, as the shorter word length may look odd on a 914, or may be great.

IMHO the original positive side stripes should've had the "Porsche" about 2-4" shorter to allow for some stripe L & R of the script at each door.

Click to view attachment
AZ914
Check out www.porschestripes.com. They do a lot of 911/Cayman/Boxster stuff and will customize your text, color, and probably length. Just measure how you want it and go for it...
Probably cheaper options out there, but I know the Cayman/Boxster guys use them.
carr914
We have a Boxster Spyder in the Showroom, so I can measure it tomorrow. But I will tell you the Porsche stripes are expensive. You are probably better off buying some from GT Racing

T.C.
bandjoey
Thanks TC. You're the one I was thinking of at a dealer but Andy popped into my head
IMHO the 914 graphics are just too big on the car. The Boxster graphics look like they would visually fit better.

SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 28 2011, 02:02 PM) *
Sir Andy. Can you measure one at the dealer (you do work there, right?)

confused24.gif No, not really ... biggrin.gif

I'm a Puter guy! type.gif
carr914
They are 66" Long, however they are pre-cut for the Boxster, which means they have a gap at the front door seam & they have a curve at the rear door seam ( see pics below)

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
McMark
I could make these if I can get some measurements and detail shots of the lettering.
AZ914
porschestripes.com gives you 1 long piece that needs to be cut at the doors. At least thats how it shows in their 'install video'.
burton73
This is my daily driver. I bought the sticker from the UK on EBay. The price was right and it was extra long. There was and extra 18 inches or so on each end. It came in a tube with a blue plastic applicator. I measured and taped it as the instructions said to and it worked out great.

Bob
Click to view attachment
underthetire
Yup, pretty easy to make. Just need dimensions and color.
carr914
One of my Suppliers has some in Stock - 1-Piece, you cut at the door seams.

He has Flat Black, Gloss Black, White & Red

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.