Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New body?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
Are these still available through Porsche?

Just messing around and thought I'd see what the part number would come up with through the pelican site.

Not a bad price, but I'm thinking shipping might be a killer biggrin.gif
Tom_T
I checked with Porsche dealer last year & they were NLA everywhere - including the Americas & Euroland. Porsche may be hiding one or two somewhere in Stuttgart, but they're not telling! biggrin.gif
bdstone914
91450100311 914-6 body,
91450100412 non us/japan body,
91450177913 usa body.

have fun searching!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 28 2011, 06:31 PM) *
I checked with Porsche dealer last year & they were NLA everywhere - including the Americas & Euroland. Porsche may be hiding one or two somewhere in Stuttgart, but they're not telling! biggrin.gif

agree.gif

That's the last i heard too ... idea.gif
Sleepin
Would it come pre-rusted for jackstand convenience? huh.gif
r_towle
that is a great price...

Rich
Tom_T
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 29 2011, 06:04 AM) *

that is a great price...

Rich

Ahhhh......if it were only real Rich, then I'd be on the road today with mine using a DMV VIN transfer! sad.gif

A price on a NLA item isn't updated, so it's probably many years old!
carr914
That price still comes up in the computer, but they are not available

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...ts/neweditions/
tod914
Was looking for a factory motor some time back. Out of them too. They do offer a rebuild service though.
bandjoey
It's all about demand. If you want a Camaro or Mustang body, just order one from several after market suppliers.

http://horsepowersports.com/1967-mustang-f...nt-body-shells/

At $15k, how many could they sell in a year, year after year? O, I forget, 914 suppliers just do this for the love, not the money. lol-2.gif
mepstein
I'll organize the group buy. biggrin.gif
McMark
Funny how people are in love with a new body for $7500. I should list that on my website, "Refurbished 914 body $7500". idea.gif

Four door 914 bodies are $10,000. shades.gif
Mike Bellis
I wonder who got the last one??? idea.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 29 2011, 01:15 PM) *

Funny how people are in love with a new body for $7500. I should list that on my website, "Refurbished 914 body $7500". idea.gif

Four door 914 bodies are $10,000. shades.gif

Hey Mark, you did the rough numbers to repair mine, so you know this would be a deal in my case if they were still available - even if I had to spend another $2+G to soda blast & properly rust treat & etching epoxy primer the sucker! At a certain point a whole new body makes more economic sense - assuming it is truly new & rust free, that is! dry.gif
ldsgeek
Maybe a silly question, but with all the repro panels that are available how close are we to being able to actually do this? And how upset would Porsche get if someone did? I know it has no basis in law, but any part that is NLA should be (not is) reproducible without penalty.
mepstein
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Mar 29 2011, 07:09 PM) *

Maybe a silly question, but with all the repro panels that are available how close are we to being able to actually do this? And how upset would Porsche get if someone did? I know it has no basis in law, but any part that is NLA should be (not is) reproducible without penalty.

Not even close with the replacement panels. Then you would need many jigs to weld the unibody square and true.
McMark
Much cheaper to simply buy a decent car and do rust repair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.