Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free: Late model big rubber bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
type11969
I pulled some big rubber bumpers off the '75 I am stripping. The car has sat in a garage for the last 20 years, so they are in pretty decent shape. They need to be cleaned up a bit, but I think they will clean up well. I am going to send them off with the carcass to get scrapped in a week or so, so if you want them, let me know. I can hang on to them for a bit if you can't pick them up right away.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-Chris
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(type11969 @ Mar 28 2011, 09:06 PM) *

I pulled some big rubber bumpers off the '75 I am stripping. The car has sat in a garage for the last 20 years, so they are in pretty decent shape. They need to be cleaned up a bit, but I think they will clean up well. I am going to send them off with the carcass to get scrapped in a week or so, so if you want them, let me know. I can hang on to them for a bit if you can't pick them up right away.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-Chris

Are you going to Hershey by any chance? If so, I will take them if you can bring them to Hershey. Otherwise I will have to pass.

Shoe
type11969
Can't make it to Hershey unfortunately, I'll be in Florida, but if you can find someone in the greater Philly area willing to bring them out to you, I can meet up with them around here to hand them off some time beforehand. I'd like to see these go to someone that can use them.

-Chris
jjackson
Really wish that I knew a way to get the front bumper cover-Just changed the front of my FP autocross car to the big bumper.Unfortunately, the one I installed had the fog light cutouts removed (with a dull chain saw I think)We are allowed a splitter that can't extend past the overall dimensions.Lightened entire assembly to 14 lbs and changed the car to a 75 model. stirthepot.gif JJackson
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jjackson @ Mar 29 2011, 07:18 PM) *

Really wish that I knew a way to get the front bumper cover-Just changed the front of my FP autocross car to the big bumper.Unfortunately, the one I installed had the fog light cutouts removed (with a dull chain saw I think)We are allowed a splitter that can't extend past the overall dimensions.Lightened entire assembly to 14 lbs and changed the car to a 75 model. stirthepot.gif JJackson

Jay, I had you in mind when I asked for these. Didn't think you had found any yet. Let me see if I can get someone to pick them up for me and take them to Hershey. I will then deliver them to you next time I'm in Little Rock.

Shoe
jjackson
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 29 2011, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(jjackson @ Mar 29 2011, 07:18 PM) *

Jay, I had you in mind when I asked for these. Didn't think you had found any yet. Let me see if I can get someone to pick them up for me and take them to Hershey. I will then deliver them to you next time I'm in Little Rock.

Shoe

Thanks for keeping me in mind-really appreciate that.Bought a set last fall.Built a new splitter that is approximately 3 inches larger than the one we were running.Are you going to run at Blytheville? J
Hope trip to Hershey goes well!
type11969
Cool, hope this works out
hot_shoe914
Thanks for keeping me in mind-really appreciate that.Bought a set last fall.Built a new splitter that is approximately 3 inches larger than the one we were running.Are you going to run at Blytheville? J

Yes, if all goes well I will be racing in Blytheville and getting my ass handed to me. It will be good experience though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.