Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Cylinder Heat Temperature
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Ghianto66
I bought my tempt. sender (picture Attached) but so difficult to find gauge that fit with that, anyone can help ??

Gie
jaxdream
That temp sensor will not operate a gauge , at least not properly. That sensor screws into the pass. side head at about # 3 cylinder for the ECU to sense engine temp , it's part of the FI system, and unless you have FI that won't do you any good. Get a VDO setup that has a sensor that goes under the # 3 sparkplug and connects to the VDO gauge setup for it, they have to match , gauge and sender unit. Look on Ebay. Good luck.

Jack / Jaxdream
underthetire
Yep, wont run any gauge. That is a thermistor type sender for the fuel injection system. The VDO temp senders are thermocouple type senders. Totally different animals.
detoxcowboy
Gauge comes with sender which is a terminal ring that mounts under spark plug #3....

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._ELgage_pg2.htm

You have pictured a CHT sensor that connects to your ECU vis a via your fi harness..
914Mike
QUOTE(Ghianto66 @ Mar 29 2011, 03:16 AM) *

I bought my tempt. sender (picture Attached) but so difficult to find gauge that fit with that, anyone can help ??

Gie

As others have said, that's the head temp sensor for the stock FI. You can drive a gauge with it, just run it to your Fuel gauge as the sender and see what it does. I have a triple gauge set, and had the stock sensor driving the oil level gauge for a while. Messed with the FI though, so I went with the sparkplug sender/gauge set from VDO. No FI, no problem, no calibration either. Not that the sparkplug setup is all that accurate, but at least the gauge says Head Temp! blink.gif
Ghianto66
QUOTE(Mike914 @ Mar 30 2011, 02:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Ghianto66 @ Mar 29 2011, 03:16 AM) *

Gie

As others have said, that's the head temp sensor for the stock FI. You can drive a gauge with it, just run it to your Fuel gauge as the sender and see what it does. I have a triple gauge set, and had the stock sensor driving the oil level gauge for a while. Messed with the FI though, so I went with the sparkplug sender/gauge set from VDO. No FI, no problem, no calibration either. Not that the sparkplug setup is all that accurate, but at least the gauge says Head Temp! blink.gif

Thank guys that's very helpfull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.