Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake line support bracket locations.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb944t
Does anyone have the measurements for where the brake line support brackets go on the front and back wheel wells of the 914. I added 914 GT stiffener plates up by the sway bar and in the rear wheel wells which necessitated removing the brake line support brackets. Now I am ready to weld them back on but I didn’t document their exact location.

Jeff B
Jeffs9146
Install the line with the bracket on it, hold it in position and mark the spot!
jkb944t
The body is on a rotisserie and is completely stripped. I won’t be installing any brake lines until after it is painted. I want to weld the brackets into place before painting therefore I am looking for dimensions from the sway bar hole. Locations for the back brackets would be helpful also.

Jeff B
Mike Bellis
You should mock up the brake lines on your car. There are too many slight variables. You would hate to paint it and not have them line up.
Eric_Shea
I'll grab some pictures with the digital calipers this afternoon.
Eric_Shea
Actually, here's one of the rears. Looks like it's along a seam. Take your hard line and tape it where it needs to be and mount it there:

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
You can just catch a glimpse of the front left here above the rotor. Fairly close to the sway-bar.

IPB Image

I'll get better pics and measurements later.
Eric_Shea
Here ya go:

The fronts are "almost" centerlined with the lower sway bar mount bolt (I hope you have a sway bar!) biggrin.gif

Left side = 1 7/8" back from centerline on the bolt. You can see from the right side of the ruler that it is down slightly. Maybe 1/4" down from center line:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Right Side = 1 3/8" back from centerline. Same 1/4" down:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Rears are all placed along the seam and 2" down from the bottom of the shelf:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jkb944t
Thanks Eric, this is exactly what I needed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.