Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shoot - NLA parts. Anyone making these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I went to replace the opaque/white cups in the trunk that hold the top latches. No dice. Is anyone remaking these?

As well, any ideas on finding a cap for my oil breather? The original contains the draw tube for the 1969 911 windshield washer. I cant get them from Porsche, nor could I find anything on sites like McMaster Carr. Just a simple red cap with a retaining ring.

Thanks!
Scott S
PanelBilly
Porsche has the latch cups and they are reasonable $
Scott S
Hmmm..
Pelican cant get them, nor could my local dealer.
Eric_Shea
You mean these? biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Sleepin
1 car 2 cups? biggrin.gif

Nice cups there E!
Eric_Shea
Nice cups there E!

St. Pete biggrin.gif
Scott S
Are you sellin?!?!?!?! I hope so - even though that means bringing you more money when I see you next week!!

If not - can I bribe you for a source?
zonedoubt
I need some of these too.
Eric_Shea
Are you sellin?!?!?!?!

Nada... probably be a Mikey914 thing at this point. Should be extremely easy though as you'd need a good one and he can use this photo for color referrence.
Sleepin
Are you sure you just don't want to run your exhaust up through those holes Scott? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Scott... I think I have some really nice ones I could bring. Do you have to have new?
SLITS
Ah ha .... that's were they put the cup holders. Damn Krauts anyway, they're useless unless your parked with the trunk open.
Scott S
Hi Mr Shea -
Just responded to your PM...

Mine look like stromberg.gif . Knowing what you consider nice, I will happliy buy them from you. I think mine are to far gone to restore.

THANKS (again!!!)
beerchug.gif

(although, a couple of semi truck exhaust stacks is a fun idea - especially with the flappers on top...)
Eric_Shea
Check the plates... that's TC's car I'm pretty sure. wink.gif
tod914
I picked some up last year. Amazing how quick the Porsche inventory is clearing out for our little cars.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 29 2011, 11:23 AM) *

Are you sellin?!?!?!?! I hope so - even though that means bringing you more money when I see you next week!!

If not - can I bribe you for a source?

Dealers, AA & IIRC Automotion/PP, maybe SMC & TC'sGarage (.com @ all) too.

I got a pair of L-cups from AA just last year! biggrin.gif
MDG
If these are NLA it just happened recently. I got them for both cars last fall. They were like 3 or 4 bucks each from the dealership.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 29 2011, 01:24 PM) *

I these are NLA it just happened recently. I got them for both cars last fall. They were like 3 or 4 bucks each from the dealership.

agree.gif

Same experience. Cheap and available from Porsche
ellisor3
I happended to be looking for something else and spotted them at DC Auto

http://dcauto.gotdns.com/illustration/index/518119541

Part # 914.559.227.10 $8.25 each brand new
Eric_Shea
DC Auto's site says they have everything. I've found that rarely to be true.
Mikey914
Intestingly enough some of the more common inexpensive parts like these cups and the inner door window fuzzies have gone NLA. It looks like they are being bought up by a few people with the hope of driving up the market on them.

I'm currently working on the inner fuzzies but it would be sad to see this happed to most of the parts that are still readily available and inexpensive.
Eric_Shea
It looks like they are being bought up by a few people with the hope of driving up the market on them.

Oh, for the love of a 914... who would do such a thing! idea.gif
Mikey914
Stoddard is known for doing this. Others have joined the game.
Dave_Darling
I know of one party who tracked down and bought the last bunch of US-spec rear turn signal lenses a few years ago. I am not surprised that others have done and will do the same for other parts.

--DD
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 30 2011, 02:47 PM) *

I know of one party who tracked down and bought the last bunch of US-spec rear turn signal lenses a few years ago. I am not surprised that others have done and will do the same for other parts.

--DD

Sounds like a "party" to me... I guess it is ever more time for us to be a community.
Mikey914
It's not a bad idea on speculation alone. However, when new parts become available you could get hung. Porsche is actually making some of th eold parts again, and others like myself are strpping up to fill the gap.
Scott S
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

After a long chat/search with my local dealer, I got em. We located what appears to be the last 4 OEM parts in the Porsche dealer network in the country. SO pleased. I bought all 4, they are shipping today!

beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
So... now we know who it is that bought the last of the inventory to drive up the market! lol3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.