Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's this tube in my oil tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OmaPossu
What is this pipe that was inside oil tank?

Click to view attachment
SLITS
What pipe?

What I see laying next to your wrench is an oil line that would not be inside the tank.

It looks like the oil line that attaches to the outlet of the tank which goes to the oil pump feed tube on the oil cooler. Since it is only 1/3 of the assembly, it is hard to say.

Oh, the kinda dark yellow thing ... I thought it was a sticker. Wish I could find my schematic of the /6 oil tank. There is a tube inside the tank that dumps oil but it is "U" shaped at the top, above the screen baffle.
IronHillRestorations
If that's a clear plastic tube, then it's something a prior owner accidentally dropped in the tank!
OmaPossu
Better picture:

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
it's something a prior owner accidentally dropped in the tank!

agree.gif a mistake is what that is.
McMark
I edited your topic title for clarity. Someday this thread will pop up as a search result for someone, and now they'll have a better idea of what's being talked about before clicking on it. wink.gif

agree.gif it's not supposed to be there.
jmill
agree.gif Not a straight piece to be found inside the tank.

IronHillRestorations
I'm guessing it came off one of those manual fluid siphons, the ones that look kinda like a grease gun.
seez52
found about 4 lower ends of dipsticks in my /6 tank a few years ago when taking it out. Have been really careful not to do the same thing the previous owner did.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jmill @ Mar 29 2011, 03:57 PM) *

I haven't seen that diagram befor. Can you post a larger picture?
Cheers, Elliot
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 29 2011, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ Mar 29 2011, 03:57 PM) *

I haven't seen that diagram befor. Can you post a larger picture?
Cheers, Elliot
Yeah, then you can take it to your local blue print shop today to see if they could enlarge it ... poke.gif

I'd never seen a tank dwg either.
McMark
They're out there and have been posted here before. Gonna have to do your own searching though. wink.gif
jmill
Here's a thread with the link. I blew up the print to actual size when I planned on making my own tank. The grid lines aren't perfect but close enough for the girls I run with. It's worth it if you choose to go with a remote filter. Otherwise it's cheaper to go with a repo tank.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ank++dimensions
OmaPossu
Okay, thank's. I'll throw it away.

Btw. oil tank was last piece I took away from body shell. Empty doors and trunk lids still fixed, all rest is out now. Now have to find proper place for welding. Project is moving on..
Eric_Shea
Project is moving on

Start a build thread. We'd love to see it.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
OmaPossu
Too much pic's to load here. If you like to watch, this is where you find pic's:
http://www.harrasteet.1g.fi/kuvat/ and OmaPossuII.

OmaPossuII means my second own Porsche piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.