Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 034 SVDA Distributor from Hotspark.net
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJ914Guy
Looking to replace the 009 (with elec ignition module) on my 1973 914-4 2.0 with an 034 SVDA (vac advance) unit. Have a brand new fuel system (pump, regulator, SS lines) and new dual Weber 40 IDF carbs with vac ports.

This dizzy from Hotspark.net is $149.99 for the distributor, cap, rotor, o-ring and elec ignition module pre-installed. Also includes shipping.

Spoke with John at Aircooled.net and he was very helpful. Just trying to understand the value in spending another $125.00 for his SVDA part. Is there a difference? I assume that you GET WHAT YOU PAY for beerchug.gif
stugray
and new dual Weber 40 IDF carbs with vac ports

Can I see a pic? I just got some 40 IDFs without the vac port, and would like to see where they are supposed to go.

Stu
Root_Werks
I've read decent things about that unit. Much better choice than the 009.
VaccaRabite
With John you get product support from a guy that knows these cars. For some (a lot) of people that is worth the premium he charges. Its worth it to me.

Zach
mrbubblehead
agree.gif i just changed my whole ignition system from ac.net. john helped me tune my idf 40's every step of the way. so i bought my sdva dizzy with the electronic points form him and a new coil and plug wires. im getting a solid 35 mpg now.
charliew
I put aircooled.net's svda on my son's super beetle a coupla years ago and it was nice. It's a lot better street distributor than a mechanical advance only and 10 degres initial advance distributor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.