Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interchangeable German tail light bulbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dion9146
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but it was a nice surprise for me the other night.

I had a rear brake light in my 2006 Jetta burn out, so I went up to the local FLAPS to get another one. The guy looks it up, goes and gets it off the rack, and I paid and left. I get home, remove the tail light housing, and sure enough the high school drop out gave me the wrong bulbs.

I'm about to jump in the 914 to run back up to get the right bulbs, but I realized that I've seen a bulb just like this before. I look in my spare parts stash, and sure enough it's the exact same bulb as the 914 tail lights. That was a surprising and nice solution. Now I can buy spares for both cars at once. smile.gif

Dion
jaxdream
Do you mind sharing what that exact part number is ?? Don't have a Jetta , do have a 914 though. Just a WAG , but the drop out was going with what another drop out entered into the computer system . The days of real auto parts store are gone , it's like Wally World, you get what they have stocked at the moment and that changes with the corparate deals made with suppliers.

Jack / Jaxdream
Cap'n Krusty
And you're surprised because?

The Cap'n
Drums66
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 30 2011, 07:27 AM) *

And you're surprised because?

The Cap'n

laugh.gif (go Kentucky)
dion9146
Pleasantly surprised because I didn't have to get back in the car and drive 7 miles back to the place that sold me the wrong part in the first place.

Somewhat surprised because with today's cars seemingly requiring specialized parts for almost every year of production, it was nice to see a 2006 part fit a 1974 application (and visa versa). I mentioned it to the counter guy today, and he commented that the same bulb is used on a ton of cars, foreign and domestic and has been going back to the 60's.

Sylvania 7506
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wc...S_660636457____

Dion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.