Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponsors - part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Jeroen
Current standings on the sponsorship front:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rallye Shield Sponsors
HPH ($100)
Camp 914 ($100 + goodies)
Mueller ($100)

T-shirt Sponsors
James Adams/J.West/Rennshift (goodies)
Mustard Seed Motorsports (goodies)
Engman (goodies)
Jerry Woods ($100)
Smart Racing ($100)
SBWY (goodies)
GPR (65 GPR t-shirts)
Tarett ($100 or goodies)
Jake Raby's Aircooled Technology ($200)
WEVO ($100)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This basically means the Rallye Shields are payed for and if either WEVO or Tarett pulls through (and I expect them both to do so) we have enough budget for the t-shirts

The design on the Rallye Shield is finished and I'll wrap things up with the printer tomorrow

Once that's off my plate, I'll do another round of sponsorship e-mails (tomorrow night)
I'm sure WEVO, Tarett and GPR will pull through and I'll do my best to find some others

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
When you contact the sponsors again, please have them include flyers, business cards or whatever and we will include them in the event brochure and goodie bags. Have them send 75 copies of anything they want in individual bags, or photoready hardcopy of anything for the brochure.

We will give each sponsor as much verbal and hardcopy promotion as we can muster, throughout the event.

Everything can be sent to me directly and I will be sure it gets to the right places.

914 WCC 2004
C/O Jeff Bowlsby
3237 Julio Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
Jeroen
Hey Jeff,

I wanted to do the second "sponsor run" last night, but I was at the office till 05.00 in the morning wacko.gif

So, I'll do it tonight. I'll also contact those that already confirmed.
What's the easiest / best way for them to get the money to you?

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
What's the easiest / best way for them to get the money to you?

Have them mail it to the address above please.
Jeroen
A check or money order made payable to Jeff Bowlsby???
How about paypal?

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
Yes, a check or MO is fine. They will probably just send a business check and that is quite acceptable. Have them make it out to me Jeff Bowlsby, and not to WCC or West Coast Classic. I cant deposit it if it made out to WCC. I will provide them a receipt indicating it is for the WCC if they request one.

Paypal would work also, but there are fees and most nbusinesses are not set up for paypal. If thats what a sponsor wants to do, they can paypal me at:

bowlsby@aol.com

Thanks Jeroen! biggrin.gif
Demick
If WEVO and Tarrett are still interested, I say we offer them trophy sponsorship. They kick in some $$, and we put their logo on the trophies (along with the other usual promotional stuff we have discussed for sponsors). Trophy design has to go to the makers by Friday right? So not much time to get this settled.

Demick
Jeroen
Ok, second batch of "begging for sponsorship" e-mails is out (these are for the sponsor t-shirts)
Mail went to:

- Wevo
- Tarett
- GPR
(follow ups on their initial interest to sponsor the WCC)

- Paragon Products
- Otto's
- Pelican Parts
- Rich Johnson
- Revolution Wheels
- Chris Foley / CFR
- Morphenspectra
- Triad West
- Jake Raby
- Patrick Motorsports

I also contacted:
- James Adams
- Engman
- Vegas Racer
for further details

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Dave from GPR just confirmed the donation of 65 GPR t-shirts clap56.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Ira Ramin from Tarett just confirmed either $100 in money or parts (still undecided)

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Jake Raby just offered $200 for some extra exposure
I opted him to "adopt" the saturday AX
I'll keep you posted on the outcome...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Jake Raby is confirmed for $200 (he's adopted the AX)
Tarett is confirmed for $100 in money

cheers,

Jeroen
Demick
Nice job Jeroen! It just keep rolling in!!

Demick
Jeroen
I'm truely amazed by the generosity of each of the sponsors
No whining or hesitating by any of them.
So far, they all responded "Cool! Where can I send money/parts"

cheers,

Jeroen
rick 918-S
Sounds like I may need to give you til Monday for the Trophy/plaque thing. I don't want to cut it too close. My car is challenging me at every avenue. But Money talks and bullshit walks! biggrin.gif
Jeroen
Wevo has confirmed $100

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
cnavarro Posted: May 8 2004, 04:32 PM  

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

I'd love to help sponsor the WCC, but nobody emailed me about it. Can someone drop me a line?

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance  

Jeroen
Done!
Jeroen
Brad just posted this message else where on the BBS after Jeff asked him to get the logo's for Smart Racing and Jerry Woods

I wont get it in time. They are away with racing and the guy running the graphics is one of their drivers.
Pick up Charles (Charles Navarro, from LN engineering, who offered sponsoring the event) and run

Whadda we do about that???

I'm pretty sure I could dupe their logo's one way or another and we could still put them on the shirt
Don't know if we're going to get the money, but it wouldn't cost us a thing anyway
Or do we leave them off?

Please advise...

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
I say DO IT. Put 'em on the shirt.

When does the order go to the printers?
JeffBowlsby
I am already thinking about things that we should do differently next year. I wonder why we didnt get a response from these potential sponsors? Maybe too short of notice, lack of previous event history? I think I will follow-up with each of them after the WCC 2004 and show them how this years event went, the publicity potential and ask them to consider sponsoring us next year.

Can we update the WCC 2004 website after the event to include event photos and attendance details...leave it up after the event so they can see the turnout and energy level. Maybe make it a permanent 'Classic' thread. That way future sponsors can review it, and will be prepared and can budget for it. Aim for BIG dollars next time. We need to start earlier for sure.

- Paragon Products
- Otto's
- Pelican Parts
- Rich Johnson
- Revolution Wheels
- Chris Foley / CFR
- Morphenspectra
- Patrick Motorsports

Add also:
- Performacne Products
- Mid-America Direct
- Doc N Cys
- Auto Atlanta
- Zims

Who else?
rick 918-S
Jeff Your cool! clap56.gif This is the way things get done. If you look back at some of the early planning thread topics we had real problems getting started because we had no credibility, no history, Also No Funding! Also no one in the area with time and connections to check out, negociate, and secure venues.

I say this planning group is responsible for selecting a venue list for next year. I really like what you did to get this done. Attaching our group to others events was Brilliant! It made our event possible.

Once this is accomplished thread we should start a recruting thread while the clubs collective energy is still high from hearing about and attending the event.

With key elements in place the new planning committee will have a real chance to get things done and increase attendance.
Jeroen
Hey Jeff,

I also had expected some more of the companies listed to respond
It may be very well for the reasons you mentioned

Other reasons might have been (for some) that they were only contacted by e-mail and some probably never heard of 914world.com

The fact that the e-mail was send by someone with an unpronouncable name from the Netherlands may also have caused some confusion biggrin.gif

Never the less, I must say that I'm a little disapointed by some.
Some of the guys who didn't respond use the BBS to promote their businesses and/or parts and products.
They know who we are and what we do and we never ask for anything in return.
And I think we offered them some REAL sponsoring opportunities (not just call out their name during the event, which is what they usually get)

Next year, we'll pick it up earlier.
We have some very solid credentials to offer too then
I think it would be a good idea to do it by regular mail then, with a nice letterhead etc. and possibly some additional personal contact (giving them a phone call)

Yes, the event-website will stay up permanently with pics and reports of the event added later on, so everyone can either catch some good memories or see what they've been missing out on biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
I am certainly not disappointed, in fact I am flabbergasted, at the sponsors we (Actually you, Jeroen) were able to generate. The generous sponsors already committed to this event exceeded my expectations 1100-fold. biggrin.gif
Jeroen
Jeff, did you hear anything from Charles Navaro??

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
LN Engineering is in for $100 and he is sending logoed 'pens' (good for completing the tech quiz ya know) and a set of...CERAMIC LIFTERS for the raffle (or a certificate for same if he cannot get them in time).

He was pleased to be on the T-shirt.
Jeroen
GREAT ! ! !
clap56.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Did GPR come through with their T-Shirts?
JeffBowlsby
Dave said he would send them...but I have not seen them yet. I think he said we would receive them next week...I will contact him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.