Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2 liter 914, Alloys, Raby Engine- 8,750.00 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jake Raby
IPB Image

74 914 2.0 with factory alloys. It has my Aircooled Technology 2056cc engine with 3K miles of service. Engine is equipped with Webers, Mallory Unilite Distributor and all RAT internals. The engine produced 140HP on the Aircooled technology Engine Dyno. Chassis dyno plots to be posted later. This engine is THE PERFECT balance of torque, HP and driveability/ reliability for an otherwise bone stock 914 like this one. Plenty of torque, awesome throttle response and a broad powerband with a redline of 7,000 RPM. The current retail price of this engine is more than the asking price for this entire vehicle~

This car is very straight with no rust in the normal areas. It only has a couple of very small rust bubbles on the top of the driver's door and one small spot on the edge of the rear trunk.

Needs some weatherstrip replaced, but is a great driver as is and ready for action. Paint is fine, but could stand some detail work. More pictures available per request. Email jake@aircooledtechnology.com or call my office at 706.219.4874

Price: 8,750.00 OBO

IPB Image

IPB Image

914 shifter
pm sent
Jake Raby
Car pending sale, deposit in hand.
BuddyV
"pending" in under an hour!

WOW!

Nice work.
bahnzai
Jake,
Would like to get second in line if anything falls through.
Good luck with the sale!
Danny
Jake Raby
bahnzi,
You'd be 5th in line of "back up" purchasers..
See guys, look at what my engine does to the value and "sell ability" of a 914!!!
Bill Meyer
Can anybody tell what exhaust is on this car? Really like that look. Thanks!
wes
could it be a Monza?
Bill Meyer
I have a monza and the pipes are spread much wider. It does look the same otherwise, just never seen them in the center like that.. looks good.
ezbngreen914
In order to sleep tonight I'm going to have to convince myself that this car is full of radioactive rust, haunted by Cabbage Patch Kids and was stolen from Debo from the movie "Friday". I know that Jake would never sell a car like that but I have to get some sleep. On the other hand maybe I should stay awake and check this site every 30 min. until a deal like this comes up again. hissyfit.gif
ezbngreen914
The perfect way to ship a Raby Engine...It comes in a wonderful gift box.
Jake Raby
The car is so damn solid.. I sold it too cheap, and I should have kept it. I have 7 people lined up in case the deal falls through.

People don't believe me when I tell them that my engine both increases "sell-ability" and overall vehicle value. The results of this sale can't be argued with, less than 15 minutes from ad placement to the time the deposit ended up in my paypal account.
914four
Price: 8,750.00 OBO?

What was the best offer for the car? confused24.gif

RJMII
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 1 2011, 07:02 AM) *

bahnzi,
You'd be 5th in line of "back up" purchasers..
See guys, look at what my engine does to the value and "sell ability" of a 914!!!

No kidding! I was going to post something similar about how someone is getting a well-built engine with a car tossed in for pretty dang cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.